Words — 32 found
1. wifeOnly applies to 妻
- I went to the hospital to see my wife.
2. my dear; dear; honeyArchaism, Only applies to 妻, Only applies to 夫
3. garnish (esp. one served with sashimi)Usually written using kana alone
4. embellishmentUsually written using kana alone
夫 【つま】、具 【つま】
1. wife and children
2. wifeArchaism, Only applies to さいし, Only applies to めこ
妻子 【つまこ】、妻子 【めこ】
めこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. one's wifeFamiliar language, when speaking with a close friend
2. wife (of somebody below the speaker in rank)
妻君: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word Links
2. ToothpickA toothpick is a small stick of wood, plastic, bamboo, me... Read more
妻楊枝: Irregular kanji usage.
1. silvertip shark (Carcharhinus albimarginatus, a requiem shark found throughout the tropical Indian and Pacific Oceans)Usually written using kana alone
3. Silvertip sharkThe silvertip shark (Carcharhinus albimarginatus) is a la... Read more
端白 【つまじろ】、妻白 【つまじろ】、ツマジロ
1. blacktip reef shark (Carcharhinus melanopterus, species of requiem shark mostly found in the Indo-Pacific)Usually written using kana alone
2. black tipArchaism, original meaning
3. Blacktip reef sharkNot to be confused with the blacktip shark, Carcharhinus ... Read more
1. gable wallArchitecture term
2. BargeboardFor the aerodynamic device, see Bargeboard (aerodynamics)... Read more
1. one's wife, children, and other relations; one's whole familyYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. Japanese traditional architectural style where the main entrance is on one or both of the gabled sidesSee also 平入り
妻入: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. someone else's daughterOnly applies to 女君
2. one's wifeHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)