Words — 34 found
1. wifeOnly applies to 妻
2. garnish (esp. one served with sashimi); trimmingsUsually written using kana alone
3. accompaniment; side (remark)Usually written using kana alone
具: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. mistress; kept woman; concubineUsually written using kana alone, Dated term, See also 妾 めかけ
2. close female servantArchaism, orig. meaning
側妻 【そばめ】、妻 【そばめ】
1. wife and children
2. wifeArchaism, Only applies to さいし, Only applies to めこ
妻子 【つまこ】、妻子 【めこ】
めこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. one's wifeFamiliar language, when speaking with a close friend
2. wife (of someone below the speaker in rank)
妻君: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word Links
2. ToothpickA toothpick is a small stick of wood, plastic, bamboo, me... Read more
妻楊枝: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. silvertip shark (Carcharhinus albimarginatus, a requiem shark found throughout the tropical Indian and Pacific Oceans)Usually written using kana alone
3. Silvertip sharkThe silvertip shark (Carcharhinus albimarginatus) is a la... Read more
端白 【つまじろ】、妻白 【つまじろ】、ツマジロ
1. gable wallArchitecture
2. BargeboardFor the aerodynamic device, see Bargeboard (aerodynamics)... Read more
1. blacktip reef shark (Carcharhinus melanopterus, species of requiem shark mostly found in the Indo-Pacific)Usually written using kana alone
2. black tipArchaism, original meaning
3. Blacktip reef sharkNot to be confused with the blacktip shark, Carcharhinus ... Read more
1. type of marriage where the man merely visits his wife without living with her; duolocal marriage
1. you (referring to one's spouse or partner); dearArchaism, Polite (teineigo) language
1. one's wife, children, and other relations; one's whole familyYojijukugo (four character compound)