Words — 109 found
1. breathing; respiration
- Is he breathing?
2. knack; trick; secret (of doing something)
- のみこ 。
- I still can't get the knack of English pronunciation.
3. harmony; balance; synchronization; accord
4. short interval; short pauseSee also 一呼吸
5. BreathingBreathing is the process that moves air in and out of the... Read more
1. to call out (to); to call; to invoke
- よ 、
- He will come if you call him.
2. to summon (a doctor, etc.)
- い 。
- You invited me to your party, but I can't make it this time.
3. to invite
- たず 。
- "Are you sure you want to call the police?" I asked her.
4. to designate; to name; to brand
- よ 。
- This movie has won great popularity.
5. to garner (support, etc.); to gather
- You will be called Cephas.
6. to take as one's wifeArchaism, See also 娶る
喚ぶ 【よぶ】、招ぶ 【よぶ】
招ぶ: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to summon; to call (e.g. phone); to convene; to decoy; to lure
- Please call him to the telephone.
2. to invoke (e.g. subroutine); to call; to open (e.g. a file)Computer terminology
- The contents of the four registers are preserved by the called subroutine.
呼びだす 【よびだす】、呼出す 【よびだす】、喚び出す 【よびだす】
1. to (call and) stop; to call (someone) to stop; to hail (e.g. a taxi)
呼びとめる 【よびとめる】、呼び留める 【よびとめる】、呼止める 【よびとめる】、呼留める 【よびとめる】
1. call; summons; paging; curtain callSee also 呼び出す よびだす
- おねが 。
- I'd like to page someone.
2. usher who calls the names of wrestlers, sweeps the ring, etc.Sumo term
3. telephone number at which a person without a telephone can be reachedAbbreviation, See also 呼び出し電話
4. box-shaped area containing clean water for rinsing oneself (in an Edo-period bathhouse)Archaism, See also 陸湯
5. high-ranking prostitute in the Yoshiwara district (Edo period)Archaism
6. unlicensed prostitute in the Fukagawa red-light district (Edo period)Archaism
7. YobidashiThe yobidashi (呼出 or 呼び出し) (announcer or beckoner) calls ... Read more
呼出し 【よびだし】、呼出 【よびだし】
呼出: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. hailing each other
2. acting in concert; responding (to); sympathizing (with)
3. agreement; concordlinguistics terminology
1. to call (someone) back; to recall; to call home
2. to bring back (memories, etc.); to recall; to revive
1. to wake (someone) up (by calling for them); to awaken
2. to call (to mind); to bring back (memories); to evoke; to arouse (e.g. interest)
- War arouses the animal in man.
呼び起す 【よびおこす】、呼起こす 【よびおこす】、呼起す 【よびおこす】、喚び起こす 【よびおこす】、喚び起す 【よびおこす】
1. to call; to summon; to send for; to call together
呼びよせる 【よびよせる】、呼寄せる 【よびよせる】
1. to call out to; to hail; to address
2. to appeal
呼び掛ける 【よびかける】、呼掛ける 【よびかける】
1. labored breathing; laboured breathing; dyspnea; dyspnoea
2. DyspneaDyspnea, shortness of breath (SOB), or air hunger, is the... Read more
1. respiratory illness
2. Respiratory diseaseRespiratory disease is a medical term that encompasses pa... Read more
1. to be called (a name); to be referred to (as)passive of 呼ぶ
- This is the bell called Big Ben.
2. to be treated to something (e.g. a meal); to be invited to
- よ 。
- We have been invited to dinner this evening.
1. bell (used for summoning or signalling); buzzer
呼鈴 【よびりん】、呼びりん 【よびりん】
1. to wake up (someone; by calling out); to awaken
2. to bring back (e.g. memories); to evoke; to recall
- I tried to call on my memories of that day.
呼びさます 【よびさます】、呼覚ます 【よびさます】