1. to match (rhythm, speed, etc.)
- Your plan must fit in with mine.
2. to join together; to unite; to combine; to add up
- あ ５０
- も 。
- The three men had 50 pounds among them.
3. to face; to be opposite (someone)See also 顔を合わせる
4. to compare; to check with
- Check your answers with his.
5. to cause to meet (e.g. an unpleasant fate)See also 遭う
6. to place together; to connect; to overlap
- They bound his legs together.
7. to mix; to combine
8. to put blade to blade; to fight
併せる 【あわせる】、合せる 【あわせる】
1. to have two things (at the same time) (e.g. good and bad points); to also have something (in addition to something else)
合わせ持つ 【あわせもつ】、あわせ持つ 【あわせもつ】、併せもつ 【あわせもつ】、合せ持つ 【あわせもつ】
1. shoyu flavoured with katsuobushi broth; bonito-flavoured soy sauce
1. combined miso (e.g. white and red)
合わせみそ 【あわせみそ】、合せ味噌 【あわせみそ】、合せみそ 【あわせみそ】
1. mixture of vinegar and some other flavouring (e.g. soy sauce, sugar, etc.)
1. in all; in total; collectivelyesp. 合わせて, 合せて
2. in addition; besides; at the same timeesp. 併せて
合せて 【あわせて】、併せて 【あわせて】
1. something that has been joined together will eventually come apart; what may be joined may be separatedProverb