Words — 73 found
1. thorn; spine; prickle
- Life has its sorrows, as every rose has its thorns.
2. splinter (esp. lodged in one's flesh); hard sharp item (esp. lodged in one's throat, e.g. fish bone)
- と 。
- I can't get this splinter out of my finger.
3. biting words
- There was a bite in his remark.
1. sashimi (raw sliced fish, shellfish or crustaceans)
2. SashimiSashimi is a Japanese delicacy. It consists of very fresh... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. EmbroideryEmbroidery is the art or handicraft of decorating fabric ... Read more
刺しゅう 【ししゅう】、刺繡 【ししゅう】
1. stimulus; impetus; incentive; encouragement; motivation; provocation; excitement; thrill
刺戟 【しげき】、剌激 【しげき】
剌激: Irregular kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. to get irritated; to get annoyed; to be on the edge; to fret; to lose patienceUsually written using kana alone
苛苛 【いらいら】、刺々 【いらいら】、刺刺 【いらいら】、イライラ
刺々: Out-dated kanji. 刺刺: Out-dated kanji.
1. to stick into (of something with a sharp point); to prick; to pierce; to get stuck (in); to lodge (in)
1. Urtica thunbergiana (species of stinging nettle)Usually written using kana alone
2. Stinging nettleStinging nettle or common nettle, Urtica dioica, is a her... Read more
蕁麻 【いらくさ】、イラクサ、蕁麻 【じんま】、蕁麻 【おいら】
蕁麻: Out-dated kanji. 蕁麻: Out-dated kanji. おいら: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 蕁麻: Out-dated kanji.
1. stab wound; puncture wound; bite (e.g. from a insect); sting; prick
1. tattoo (esp. a traditional Japanese one); tattooing
2. TattooFor other meanings of the word, see tattoo (disambiguatio... Read more
1. stabbing to death
2. putting outBaseball term
3. PutoutIn baseball statistics, a putout (denoted by PO or fly ou... Read more
1. sashimi knife
2. Sashimi bochoTako hiki, yanagi ba (柳刃, literally, willow blade), and f... Read more
刺身庖丁 【さしみぼうちょう】、刺し身包丁 【さしみぼうちょう】
1. poverty of stimulus
2. Poverty of the stimulusIn linguistics, the poverty of the stimulus (POTS) is the... Read more
1. stab; puncture wound
2. StabbingA stabbing is penetration with a sharp or pointed object ... Read more