Words — 43 found
1. fellow; guy; chapUsually written using kana alone, Derogatory, Only applies to やつ
- い 。
- He's a nice guy - that's unanimous.
2. thing; objectColloquialism, Only applies to やつ
- What a glorious fall day. This is what they mean by the lovely weather you get after a storm.
3. he; she; him; herderogatory or familiar
しゃつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word Links
1. venting one's anger (on someone or something); taking out one's anger on
八つあたり 【やつあたり】、八つ当り 【やつあたり】
1. they; those guys
奴等 【やつら】、やつ等 【やつら】
1. to be haggard; to be gaunt; to be emaciated; to be worn out (e.g. illness, worry)Usually written using kana alone
1. lamprey; lamprey eelUsually written using kana alone
2. LampreyLampreys (sometimes also called lamprey eels) are a famil... Read more
1. yatsuhashi; cinnamon-seasoned rice flour cracknel (local delicacy in Kyoto)
2. zigzag bridgeorig. meaning
3. Yatsuhashiis a Japanese confectionery sold mainly as a souvenir swe... Read more
八ツ橋 【やつはし】、八橋 【やつはし】、八ッ橋 【やつはし】
八ツ橋: Irregular okurigana usage. 八ッ橋: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. small opening in the side of some traditional Japanese clothing (located where the sleeve meets the bodice, below the armpit)
1. single-tiered gate with eight secondary pillars supporting the four main central pillars
八足門 【やつあしもん】、八脚門 【はっきゃくもん】
1. to be absorbed in; to lose oneself toUsually written using kana alone
2. to disguise oneself as; to adorn oneselfUsually written using kana alone
俏す: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. tearing limb from limb; tearing apart; cutting (a person) to pieces
1. fatsi (Fatsia japonica); paperplant; Japanese araliaUsually written using kana alone
1. arrow length
2. bundle of arrowsOnly applies to やたば
矢束 【やづか】、矢束 【やずか】、矢束 【やたば】
やずか: Irregular kana usage.