Words — 99 found
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. small bird; little bird
- The birds are singing merrily.
1. is it?; isn't it?Familiar language, marks wh-question (what, where, who)
- Why not apply for that job?
2. be; isChildren's language, strengthens one's judgment or conclusion
1. bed-wettingUsually written using kana alone, See also 寝小便 ねしょうべん
1. mum; mom; mummy; mommyChildren's language, See also お母ちゃん
2. the missusFamiliar language
1. halfsies; splitting evenly between two peopleChildren's language, See also こ
- おにい 、
- はんぶん 。
- Here, bro, halfsies.
1. thundering; purring; grumbling (e.g. stomach)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. something large and heavy starting to rollOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. scattered about; common; commonplace; all overOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. idleness; idling aboutOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
5. having a foreign substance in (e.g. one's eye or stomach)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
6. thunderChildren's language, Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. chink; jingle; tinkle; whistle (kettle)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
- な 。
- でんしゃ 。
- When it sets off the bell rings, "ding-ding". Thus 'ding-ding-train'.
3. begging (animal)
- もど 。
- The dog stopped begging and went back on all fours.
5. black porgy juvenileSee also クロダイ
6. flirting; fondlingSee also ちんちんかもかも
7. children's game in which one hops on one footSee also ちんちんもがもが
8. very hot (e.g. tea)
1. wee-wee; pee-pee; number oneColloquialism, Children's language
- If you piss on the toilet seat, wipe it off!
1. breasts; boobies; titsChildren's language
2. breast milkChildren's language
1. hug; carrying in one's arms (a baby, pet, doll, etc.)Children's language
1. bow-wow (barking sound); arf arf; woof; barkOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. waah-waah (crying sound)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
3. clamouring; clamoring; echoingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
4. bow-wow (i.e. a dog); doggyChildren's language
1. going bye-byes; going beddy-byes; sleepingChildren's language
3. childish person (esp. a young woman)
1. bugling (sound); honking; oinking; vibrating (e.g. phone)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word
2. grumbling; complainingOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- と 。
- When the singer appeared on stage, the audience gave him the Bronx cheer, because he dumped his wife for another woman.
3. car; automobileChildren's language
1. interrupting a game; time outChildren's language, See also タイム, poss. reversal of 待った
1. penisColloquialism, Vulgar, Children's language
2. practiceKantou dialect