Words — 446 found
1. book; volume; scriptSee also ご本 ごほん
- よ 。
- I read the book up to page 80 yesterday.
2. this; present
- The high performance and the elegant design of this model have combined to give it a high reputation.
3. main; head
4. real; regular
5. counter for long cylindrical things; counter for films, TV shows, etc.; counter for goals, home runs, etc.; counter for telephone callssometimes pronounced ぼん or ぽん
- も 。
- I have a bottle of whiskey.
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- It was under these circumstances that the constitutional crisis began.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- The basis of this system is that the students must take turns in teaching, they have to help each other.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
- He had no idea why his wife left him.
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. bookshelves; bookshelf; bookcase
- This bookcase is easy to assemble.
2. BookcaseA bookcase, or bookshelf, is a piece of furniture, almost... Read more
1. truth; reality; actuality; fact
2. proper; right; correct; official
3. genuine; authentic; natural; veritable
本当 【ほんと】、本當 【ほんとう】、本當 【ほんと】
ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji. ほんと: Irregular kana usage. 本當: Out-dated kanji.
- ふるま 。
- Animals act on instinct.
2. InstinctInstinct or innate behavior is the inherent inclination o... Read more
1. essence; true nature; substance; reality
- はじ 、
- はじ 。
- Then he began working at Cambridge and developing many more ideas about the nature of the universe.
2. EssenceIn philosophy, essence is the attribute or set of attribu... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. the person himself
- You must talk to her in person.
1. originally; primarily
2. essentially; naturally; by nature; in (and of) itself
3. proper; legal
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. headquarters; head office; main office
- The University Administration decided to set up a branch campus in New York.
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. originally; by nature; from the startUsually written using kana alone
- They destroyed the native civilization.
本々 【もともと】、元元 【もともと】、本本 【もともと】
1. mere; only; just; not even (with negative verb)Usually written using kana alone
- Christmas is only two weeks off.
1. seriousness; earnestness; truth; sanctityusu. 本気で
- Are you on the level, Ken?
1. real intention; motive; true opinion; what one really thinksAntonym: 建前
- ゆしゅつこく 】
- しまつ 。
- Ending up with being called a "measles exporting country" by the rest of the world, something that you could take as insult or truth.
1. text (of document); body (of letter)
- おお 。
- There's not so much text in this book.
1. substance; real form
- It is essential to get at the heart of the matter, no matter what they are.
2. main part; main unit; body (of a machine)
3. this machine; this appliance
4. object of worship (at a shrine, temple, etc.)
6. base price; pre-tax priceAbbreviation, See also 本体価格 ほんたいかかく
ほんだい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. main building
- The annex is on the north of the original building.
Common word Links
1. mainland; one's home country; the country proper
- ふく 。
- England proper does not include Wales.
2. MainlandMainland is a name given to a large landmass in a region ... Read more
1. true character; real nature
- A few words may betray a man's true character.
2. Human natureHuman nature refers to the distinguishing characteristics... Read more
1. speciality; specialty; characteristic
2. proper function; duty
3. original fief