Words — 24 found
1. (something) shopSee also パン屋, usu. 屋
- Let's all go to an all-you-can-eat Yakiniku restaurant.
2. somebody who sells (something) or works as (something)See also 殺し屋, usu. 屋, can be derog.
- ぶんし 」
- V C
- I'd like to ask a grammarian, isn't it possible to think of 'be + participle' like you do V C and such?
3. somebody with a (certain) personality traitSee also 照れ屋, usu. 屋
4. houseusu. 家
- とりのぞ 。
- He cleared the roof of snow.
2. RoofA roof is the covering on the uppermost part of a buildin... Read more
1. residence; estate; grounds; premises; mansion
- す 。
- He lives on his country estate.
1. attic; loft
- There's ample room in the attic.
2. AtticAn attic is a space found directly below the pitched roof... Read more
1. attic; garret; loft
- He says he must get rid of the mice that are in the attic.
Common word Links
1. cart (esp. a food cart); stall; standSee also 屋台店
2. festival float; portable shrine dedicated to a god and shaped like a house; dancing platformSee also 踊り屋台
3. stage prop fashioned after a large building
4. framework (of a house, etc.)Abbreviation, See also 屋台骨
5. house (esp. a small and miserable house)Archaism
6. Yatai (retail)For a listed company in the Shanghai Stock Exchange, plea... Read more
屋体 【やたい】、家台 【やたい】
家台: Irregular kanji usage.
1. name of store; trade name
2. stage name (e.g. of actor)
3. YagōYagō (屋号), literally meaning "house name", is a term appl... Read more
1. houseboat; pleasure boat (large, roofed)
2. YakatabuneYakatabune 屋形船 are a kind of privately owned Japanese boa... Read more
1. Yakushima cedar (esp. one over 1000 years old)
2. Yakusugiis a Japanese cedar that grows on the mountain 500 metres... Read more
JLPT N1 Links
1. mansion; small castle
2. nobleman; noblewomanHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
3. boat cabinOnly applies to やかた
屋形 【やかた】、館 【たち】、館 【たて】
1. Yakushima macaque (Macaca fuscata yakui)Usually written using kana alone
1. Yakushima sika (Cervus nippon yakushimae)Usually written using kana alone