Words — 191 found
1. red; crimson; scarlet
- Don't cross the road while the signal is red.
2. red-containing colour (e.g. brown, pink, orange)
3. Red (i.e. communist)Colloquialism, often written as アカ
- It's only the anti-war pinkos who say things like Saddam isn't a threat.
4. red lightAbbreviation, See also 赤信号
6. complete; total; perfect; obviousSee also 赤の他人
7. copperOnly applies to 赤, See also 銅 どう
9. RedRed is any of a number of similar colors evoked by light ... Read more
紅 【あか】、朱 【あか】、緋 【あか】
緋: Out-dated kanji.
1. mountain; hill
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. mine (e.g. coal mine)
- もち 。
- It was used for raking together heaps of money.
3. heap; pile
4. crown (of a hat); thread (of a screw); tread (of a tire); protruding part of an object
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
5. climax; peak; critical point
6. guess; speculation
7. criminal case; crimeused by policemen, crime reporters, etc.
8. mountain climbing; mountaineering
9. festival float (esp. one mounted with a decorative halberd)See also 山鉾
10. wall; wall tileMahjong term
11. temple; temple groundsArchaism
13. MountainError: image is invalid or non-existent A mountain is a l... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
1. god; deity; divinity; spirit; kami
2. incredible; fantasticSlang, also written ネ申
3. emperor of JapanHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Archaism
5. GodGod is either the sole deity in monotheism or the monist ... Read more
神 【かむ】、神 【かん】
かむ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かん: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. iron (Fe)
2. strong and hard (as iron)
3. railwayAbbreviation, See also 鉄道
4. railway enthusiastColloquialism
鐵: Out-dated kanji.
1. reverse; opposite
- She said that her husband hit her, but in fact it was the other way around.
2. converse (of a hypothesis, etc.)
3. inverse (function)Mathematics
4. Converse (logic)In logic, the converse of a categorical or implicational ... Read more
1. legume (esp. edible legumes or their seeds, such as beans, peas, pulses, etc.); beans; peas
- We roast just enough beans for the amount we're going to drink, and grind them in the coffee mill.
2. soya bean (Glycine max); soybean; soySee also 大豆
3. female genitalia (esp. the clitoris)Colloquialism
4. kidneyFood term, Colloquialism
5. miniature; tiny
7. BeanBean is a common name for large plant seeds of several ge... Read more
荳 【まめ】、菽 【まめ】
1. man; maleSee also 女 おんな
2. fellow; guy; chap; bloke
3. male lover; boyfriend; man
4. manliness; manly honor; manly honour; manly reputation
おっこ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. dog (Canis (lupus) familiaris)
- こわ 。
- She is afraid of barking dogs.
2. snoop (i.e. a detective, a spy, etc.)
- かぎまわ 。
- Watch out! A police spy is snooping around.
3. loser; assholeDerogatory
4. counterfeit; inferior; useless; wasteful
1. female; woman; female sexSee also 男 おとこ, can be blunt when used alone
2. female lover; girlfriend; mistress; (someone's) woman
女 【おみな】、女 【おうな】、女 【うみな】、女 【おな】
おみな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おうな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. うみな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. おな: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. half; semi-
3. odd numberSee also 丁 ちょう
4. unit of land area (595.8 m^2)Archaism
1. sky; the air; the heavens
3. far-off place; distant place
4. state of mind; feelingoften as 〜空もない
5. (from) memory; (by) heartusu. as 空で
6. falsehood; lie
7. somehow; vaguelybefore an adjective
8. fakebefore a noun or a verb
虚: Out-dated kanji.
1. strange; odd; peculiar; weird; curious; queer; eccentric; funny; suspicious; fishy
- The orange left a strange taste in my mouth.
4. incident; disturbance; disaster; accident
5. flatMusic term, See also 変ロ短調
變: Out-dated kanji.
1. distinction; difference; different; another; particular; separate; extra; exception
べち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. SundayAbbreviation, See also 日曜
- ごぜん １０
- ごご ４
- かいかん 。
- Open from 10:30am to 4pm on Sat, Sun, and Mon.
2. day (of the month)also んち or ち
- といわれ 。
- It is said that Friday the 13th is an unlucky day.
3. counter for daysalso んち or ち
- It was not until few days later that the news arrived.
4. JapanAbbreviation, See also 日本
1. counter for occurrences
- Some new kinds of rice can be harvested two or three times a year.
2. a time; an instance
- We have to win seven times in a row to win this tournament.
3. inning (baseball); round; game
4. episode; chapter; instalmentColloquialism
5. Hui (people)Abbreviation, See also 回族
6. IslamAbbreviation, See also 回教
1. married couple; spouses; husband and wife; couple; pair
2. his and hers; pair of objects, one larger (for man), one smaller (for woman)Only applies to めおと, See also 夫婦茶碗
夫婦 【めおと】、夫婦 【みょうと】
1. custom; practice; habit; usual
- はじ 。
- Love begins playing his old tricks every spring.
2. said; aforementioned
- おも 。
- I think he has something to do with that scandal.
3. instance; example; case; illustration; usage
- "He's a tiger when he's angry" is an example of metaphor.
- Young as he is, he is as great a mathematician as ever lived.