Words — 174 found
1. myself; yourself; oneself; himself; herself
- う 、
- かんがえなお 。
- Conflicting reports prompted the director to reconsider her position.
2. I; me
- い 。
- Mr Smith says he was born in New York, but that his wife comes from Japan.
3. youKansai dialect
1. to differ (from); to vary
- ちが 。
- I differ from you on that point.
2. to not be in the usual condition
- Is he mad that he should say such a foolish thing?
3. to not match the correct (answer, etc.)
- You're going the wrong way.
4. to be different from promisedSee also 話が違う
5. isn't it?; wasn't it?Kansai dialect, at sentence-end, often as 〜のと違うか
1. to cure; to healusu. 治す
- That doctor may cure him of his cancer.
2. to fix; to correct; to repairusu. 直す
- I will have repaired your watch by tomorrow.
3. to do over again (after -masu base of verb)usu. 直す
- The boy adjusted his cap.
4. to replace; to put back as it wasKansai dialect, usu. 直す
- Put back the book where you found it.
5. to convert (into a different state); to transformusu. 直す
- Put the following sentences into Japanese.
1. circleSee also ○ まる
- ちが 。
- John and Cathy have different tastes and different characters. Trying to get them together is like putting a square peg in a round hole.
2. entirety; whole; full; complete
- かん 、
- We're booked for the whole month on Broadway.
3. money; dough; moolaSlang
4. enclosure inside a castle's wallsesp. 丸
5. soft-shelled turtleKansai dialect, See also スッポン
6. suffix for ship names; suffix for names of people (esp. infants); suffix for names of swords, armour, musical instruments, etc.; suffix for names of dogs, horses, etc.See also 麻呂, esp. 丸
1. to rot; to go bad; to decay; to spoil; to fester; to decompose; to turn sour (e.g. milk)
2. to corrode; to weather; to crumble
3. to become useless; to blunt; to weaken (from lack of practice)
4. to become depraved; to be degenerate; to be morally bankrupt; to be corrupt
5. to be depressed; to be dispirited; to feel discouraged; to feel downSee also 気が腐る きがくさる
6. indicates scorn or disdain for another's actionUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, See also やがる, after the -masu stem of a verb
7. to lose a betArchaism
8. to be drenched; to become sopping wetArchaism
1. to come near; to let someone approach
- Pull over to the side, please.
2. to bring near; to bring together; to collect; to gather
- あ 。
- The snow banked up against the wall.
3. to deliver (opinion, news, etc.); to send (e.g. a letter); to contribute; to donate
4. to let someone drop by
5. to add (numbers)
6. to have feelings for (love, goodwill, trust, etc.)
7. to rely upon for a time; to depend on
8. to use as a pretext
9. to put aside
10. to press; to push; to force
11. to include; to welcome (in a group); to let inKansai dialect
1. to cook (grains, e.g. rice)
2. to boil; to simmer; to stew; to seetheKansai dialect, See also 煮る
1. aim; object; purpose; end
2. expectations; prospects; hopes
3. something that can be relied upon
4. snack served with alcoholic drinkKansai dialect
5. pad; guard
6. blow; strike
7. addressed toOnly applies to 宛, Only applies to 宛て
8. perUsually written using kana alone, also written as 充て
宛 【あて】、宛て 【あて】
1. absurd; unreasonable; excessive; rashむっちゃ is dialectical
2. very; extremely; excessivelyKansai dialect, See also めっちゃ
無茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 無茶: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. then; well; so; well thenSee also では
- こた 。
- "That's cheap. I'll take ten yards," the girl answered.
- いいあらわ 。
- Like is hardly the word.
3. plain copulaKansai dialect, Only applies to じゃ, See also だ
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. yes; that is correct; right
- Yes, he's almost as tall as I am.
2. um; errr
4. grrr; gah; Must I?
- え 、
- み 」「
- "Lemme see your painting, Manaka." "Must you? It's embarrassing!"
5. goodKansai dialect, See also 良い
- きみ 、
- You're doing good work there.
えー: Irregular kana usage.
1. inside; within
- せがたか 。
- John is the taller of the two.
2. whileUsually written using kana alone, See also ないうちに, also 裡
- The young boy got sticky fingers when he walked into stores.
3. among; amongst; betweenUsually written using kana alone
4. we (referring to one's in-group, i.e. company, etc.); ourUsually written using kana alone, See also 家 うち
- たず 。
- "Would you like to work for me, Tony?" asked Mr Wood.
5. my spouse
6. imperial palace groundsArchaism
8. I (primarily used by women and children); meKansai dialect
1. to throw; to toss; to fling
- The car has been kicking around the roadside for weeks.
2. to throw away; to discardKansai dialect
- くん 。
- You throw a good ball nowadays, Keiichi.
3. to neglect; to abandon; to leave alone; to give up on; to leave undone; to leave unfinishedSee also 放っておく
放る 【ほる】、抛る 【ほうる】、抛る 【ほる】
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. hey!; oi!; ahoy!
- ふたり 。
- ... Hey-hey you two, is it no holds barred as soon as you know it's my treat?
2. I; meKansai dialect, Only applies to おい
1. indicates location of action; at; inにて is the formal literary form
- Do you remember what Kathy had on at the party?
2. indicates time of action
- They will have been staying here for two months next Sunday.
3. indicates means of action; cause of effect; by
- りつ ２
- たい １
- The odds are two-to-one that the Reds win.
4. and then; so
- And so it seems she tried phoning but it's who was on the other end of that phone that was the problem.
5. indicates continuing actionOnly applies to で, See also て, alternate form of 〜て used for some verb types
6. indicates certainty, emphasis, etc.Kansai dialect, Only applies to で, See also よ, at sentence-end
1. truth; realityUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, See also 本当
- ？・・・」 「
- けったくそわる ・・・」
- "Kenji's in hospital?" "That's a real pisser..."
本間: Irregular kanji usage.
1. total idiot; fuck-witUsually written using kana alone, Kansai dialect, See also あほ
- わ 。
- Today, looking at this web page, I realized that if these people are idiots then I must be a complete moron.
ど阿呆 【どあほう】、怒阿呆 【どあほ】、怒阿呆 【どあほう】、度阿呆 【どあほ】、度阿呆 【どあほう】、どアホ
1. it is assuredly that ...; can say with confidence that ...See also のだ
2. did not ...Kansai dialect, Only applies to なんだ, after the -nai stem of a verb