Words — 10463 found
1. freedom; liberty; as it pleases you
- You may spend or save at will.
2. LibertyWhen human beings are able to govern themselves, they hav... Read more
1. abstaining from smoking; quitting smokingSee also 喫煙
- When will they turn off the no-smoking sign?
2. No Smoking!; Smoking Prohibited!on a sign
- どうよう 、
- りてん （
- たと 、
- Similarly, the strongest reasons for stopping are usually the short-term benefits (for example, feeling healthier and more attractive).
3. Smoking banSmoking bans (or smoke-free laws) are public policies, in... Read more
1. please give meUsually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo)
- くだ 。
- I'd like to have some hot chocolate.
2. please do for meUsually written using kana alone, Honorific or respectful (sonkeigo), after te-form of a verb or a noun prefixed with o- or go-
- Please show me your stamp album.
- What did the announcement just say?
2. how manyOnly applies to なん, See also 何か月, followed by a counter
- くら 、
- "No, not so much. At most comparing sizes, telling dirty stories." "Sizes of what?" "Of 'that'."
3. you-know-what; that
- I know you're at an age where sexual desire flourishes and you want to do 'you-know-what' with 'that' but... well, sit down there.
4. whatsit; what's the expression; what do you call them
5. what?expressing surprise
6. hey!expressing anger or irritability
1. girl; daughter
2. young woman
女の児 【おんなのこ】、女のコ 【おんなのコ】、おんにゃのこ
1. boy; male child; baby boy
- み 。
- Look at that good-looking boy.
男の児 【おとこのこ】、男のコ 【おとこのコ】
男の児: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. once more; again
- Can you try this number again?
1. last; end; conclusion; latest; most recent
- だいじょうぶ 、
- I can assure you that honesty pays in the long run.
2. no sooner than; right after (often having negative consequences)after -tara form or -ta form followed by "ga"
3. one's final momentsArchaism, See also 最期
1. to be helpful; to be useful
- やくにた 。
- Beyond that I cannot help you.
役にたつ 【やくにたつ】、やくに立つ 【やくにたつ】
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. sure; certain; positive; definite
- It is certain that he is wrong.
2. reliable; trustworthy; safe; sound; firm; accurate; correct; exact
- え 。
- I got the news from a reliable source.
3. If I'm not mistaken; If I remember correctly; If I remember rightly
- おも 。
- I believe this fish is a freshwater fish.
確 【たしか】、慥か 【たしか】
確: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. or; otherwiseUsually written using kana alone, See also 又
- Would you like some tea or some coffee?
1. I see; That's right!; IndeedUsually written using kana alone
- ようじんぶか 。
- Indeed he is young, but he is prudent.
成る程 【なるほど】、成程 【なるほど】、成るほど 【なるほど】、ナルホド
1. nothing (with neg. verbs); not any
- つくりだ 。
- He who makes no mistakes makes nothing.
2. and everything else (with noun plus "mo"); all
- い 。
- I'm living on welfare, without a car or anything.
1. as a matter of fact; by the way; to tell you the truth; to be honest; frankly
- Actually, it was only a rumor.
1. society; the world; the times
- The whole world is off its rocker.
1. just a minute; small quantity
- I'm a little angry with you.
少少 【しょうしょう】、小々 【しょうしょう】、小小 【しょうしょう】
1. hair (head)
- Where did you get your hair cut?
1. in a word; after all; the point is ...; in short ...; to put simply; the long and short of it is that ....
- She is, in brief, a chatterbox.
1. wrong; not good; of no useUsually written using kana alone
- "I've a touch of a cold." "That's too bad."
2. hopeless; past hopeUsually written using kana alone
- I really like him, but not his circle of friends.
3. must not doUsually written using kana alone
- You mustn't format this floppy disk.
1. to be pleased with; to suit
- きにい 。
- I don't like her in some ways.