Words — 3064 found
1. manual labor; manual labour; toil; work
- I can't do the hard day's work I used to.
2. Labour PartyAbbreviation, See also 労働党
労動: Out-dated kanji.
1. board; plank
- The arrow pierced the thick board.
2. sheet (of metal); plate (of glass); pane; slab
- This iron sheet is coated with tin.
3. cutting board; chopping boardSee also 俎板
5. stage (i.e. at a theatre)
1. silver (Ag)
- ぎん 、
- きん 。
- Speech is silver, silence is golden.
2. silver coin; money
3. silver medal
4. silver colour; silver color
5. bankAbbreviation, Only applies to ぎん, See also 米銀
6. silver generalShogi term, Abbreviation, Only applies to ぎん, See also 銀将 ぎんしょう
7. SilverSilver is a metallic chemical element with the chemical s... Read more
銀 【しろがね】、銀 【しろかね】、白銀 【しろがね】、白銀 【しろかね】、白金 【しろがね】、白金 【しろかね】
しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 白金: Irregular kanji usage. しろかね: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 白金: Irregular kanji usage.
1. can; tinFrom Dutch; Flemish “kan”, From English “can”
2. canned foodAbbreviation, See also 缶詰
3. Tin canA tin can, tin, steel can, or a can, is a sealed containe... Read more
罐 【かん】、鑵 【かん】、カン
缶: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 罐: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji. 鑵: Ateji (phonetic) reading, Out-dated kanji.
1. basement; cellar; underground place
- も 。
- The house has pipes under the ground to carry dirty water away.
2. underground; below ground
3. secret; under cover
- うたが 。
- He was suspected of underground action.
4. underground (railway); subway; metroColloquialism, Abbreviation
5. Subterranea (geography)Subterranea refers to underground structures, both natura... Read more
1. muscle; tendon; sinew
2. vein; artery
3. fiber; fibre; string
4. line; stripe; streak
5. reason; logicSee also 筋が通る
- とお 。
- There isn't much logic in what you're saying.
6. plot; storyline
- I don't understand this novel's plot.
7. lineage; descent
8. school (e.g. of scholarship or arts)
9. aptitude; talent
10. source (of information, etc.); circle; channel
- きょねん 、
- き 。
- I heard about it from another source last year.
11. well-informed person (in a transaction)
12. logical move (in go, shogi, etc.)
13. ninth vertical lineShogi term
14. seam on a helmet
15. gristly fish paste (made of muscle, tendons, skin, etc.)Abbreviation, See also 筋蒲鉾
16. social position; statusArchaism
17. on (a river, road, etc.); along
18. counter for long thin things; counter for roads or blocks when giving directions
19. (Edo period) counter for hundreds of mon (obsolete unit of currency)Archaism
20. SujiSuji may refer to: Suji, Kilimanjaro, a small village in ... Read more
1. teaSee also お茶
- Tea is widely grown in India.
2. tea plant (Camellia sinensis)
3. tea preparation; making teaSee also 茶道
4. brownAbbreviation, See also 茶色
- One of the cats is black, the other is brown.
5. mockeryArchaism, See also 茶化す
6. TeaTea is an aromatic beverage prepared by pouring boiling h... Read more
1. fool; idiotUsually written using kana alone
2. trivial matter; folly; absurdityUsually written using kana alone
3. foolish; stupid; dull; absurd; ridiculousUsually written using kana alone
4. Mactra chinensis (species of trough shell)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 馬鹿貝
5. Baka (fool)Baka (馬鹿, ばか, or バカ) is a frequently used Japanese word m... Read more
莫迦 【ばか】、破家 【ばか】、馬稼 【ばか】、バカ
馬鹿: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 莫迦: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 破家: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 馬稼: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. postcardAbbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also 郵便葉書
- Put this stamp on the postcard and drop it in the mailbox.
2. memo; note; cardUsually written using kana alone
葉書き 【はがき】、端書 【はがき】、端書き 【はがき】、ハガキ
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. senior high school; high schoolAbbreviation, See also 高等学校