Words — 34 found
1. to sing
- What did John sing on the stage?
2. to sing of (love, beauty, etc.) in a poem; to express in the form of a poem; to recite (a poem)esp. 歌う, 詠う
唄う 【うたう】、詠う 【うたう】、謡う 【うたう】、唱う 【うたう】
謡う: Rarely-used kanji form. 唱う: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to compose (a Japanese poem); to write; to use as the theme of a poem
- よ 。
- The poem was composed by an anonymous author.
2. to recite (e.g. a poem); to chant; to intone
1. author unknown; anonymousin a collection of classical Japanese poetry
読み人知らず 【よみびとしらず】、よみ人しらず 【よみびとしらず】、読人知らず 【よみびとしらず】、詠人知らず 【よみびとしらず】
1. to include (a season word, place name, etc.) in a poem
詠みこむ 【よみこむ】、詠込む 【よみこむ】
1. recitation (of a Chinese or Japanese poem); chanting; singing
2. composition (of a Chinese or Japanese poem); composed poem
1. recitation (of a poem); chanting; singing
2. composition (of a poem); composed poem