Words — 34 found
1. to sing
- What did John sing on the stage?
2. to sing (one's praises in a poem, etc.); to compose a poem; to recite a poemesp. 歌う, 詠う
唄う 【うたう】、謡う 【うたう】、詠う 【うたう】、唱う 【うたう】
1. to compose (a Japanese poem); to write; to use as the theme of a poem
- よ 。
- The poem was composed by an anonymous author.
2. to recite (e.g. a poem); to chant; to intone
1. author unknown; anonymousin a collection of classical Japanese poetry
読み人知らず 【よみびとしらず】、よみ人しらず 【よみびとしらず】、読人知らず 【よみびとしらず】、詠人知らず 【よみびとしらず】
1. to include in a poem (season word, place name, etc.)
詠みこむ 【よみこむ】、詠込む 【よみこむ】
1. recitation (of a Chinese or Japanese poem); chanting; singing
2. composition (of a Chinese or Japanese poem); composed poem