Words — 11 found
1. armpit; under one's arm; side; flank
2. beside; close to; near; byalso written as 傍, 側
- み 。
- I saw him coming with his briefcase under his arm.
3. aside; to the side; away; out of the way
4. off-track; off-topic
5. deuteragonist; supporting roleusu. written ワキ in Noh
6. second verse (in a linked series of poems)Abbreviation, See also 脇句
腋 【わき】、掖 【わき】
1. side; edge; beside; besides; nearbySee also 傍らに
- ねむ 。
- Mary was reading, with a cat sleeping beside her.
2. while (doing); in addition to; at the same timeUsually written using kana alone
側ら 【かたわら】、傍 【かたわら】、旁 【かたわら】、側 【かたわら】、脇 【かたわら】
側ら: Irregular okurigana usage. 傍: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. right armpit; right side
- かかえ 。
- He is carrying a parcel under his right arm.