Words — 41 found
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. dental brushing; brushing one's teeth
- Brush your teeth.
2. dentifrice; toothpaste; tooth powder
- Where's the toothpaste?
3. Tooth brushingTooth brushing is form of hygiene, in which a person clea... Read more
2. SnowmanA snowman is an anthropomorphic snow sculpture. They are ... Read more
雪達磨 【ゆきだるま】、雪ダルマ 【ゆきダルマ】、ユキダルマ
1. diligent application (to work or study); cultivating one's character by studying hardYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. mutual encouragement (to improve); working hard together; friendly rivalryYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. shoeshine; shoe polishing
2. ShoeshinerShoeshiner or boot polisher is a profession in which a pe... Read more
靴みがき 【くつみがき】、靴磨 【くつみがき】
靴磨: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. daruma; tumbling doll; round, red-painted good-luck doll in the shape of Bodhidharma, with a blank eye to be completed when a person's wish is grantedUsually written using kana alone
2. BodhidharmaUsually written using kana alone
4. BodhidharmaBodhidharma was a Buddhist monk who lived during the 5th/... Read more
1. grinding; polishing
2. refining (a skill, knowledge, etc.); applying oneself (to study); disciplining oneself
3. PolishingPolishing is the process of creating a smooth and shiny s... Read more
1. veteran; battle-worn; schooled by adversity in many battles; hard-bitten; rich in experience; very experiencedYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. abhidharma; texts that contain detailed reworkings of the Buddhist sutrasBuddhism
2. AbhidharmaAbhidharma or Abhidhamma are ancient (3rd century BCE and... Read more
1. Harima (former province located in the southwestern part of present-day Hyōgo Prefecture)
1. electrolytic polishing; electro-polishing; electrolytic grinding; electrolytic machining
1. karmaBuddhism, See also 業 ごう, read as かつま in the Tendai sect, etc.; as こんま in Shingon, Ritsu, etc.
羯磨 【こんま】、羯摩 【かつま】、羯摩 【こんま】
羯摩: Rarely-used kanji form. 羯摩: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. permanence; immortality; eternityYojijukugo (four character compound)