Words — 458 found
1. gem; jewel; precious stone
2. GemstoneA gemstone or gem (also called a precious or semi-preciou... Read more
- とりつ 。
- Keeton put magnets on the heads of his pigeons.
- さ 。
- Compass needles point to the north.
3. MagnetA magnet is a material or object that produces a magnetic... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. petrifaction; petrification; fossilization; fossilisation
3. Fossilprocess. ]] Fossils (from Latin fossus, literally "having... Read more
Common word JLPT N1 Links
2. Rock (geology)In geology, rock or stone is a naturally occurring solid ... Read more
- ひろいあ 。
- The child picked up a small stone.
2. gem; jewel
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. as one would expectUsually written using kana alone
2. still; all the sameUsually written using kana alone
3. even... (e.g. "even a genius...")Usually written using kana alone, as さすがの〜も
遉 【さすが】、有繋 【さすが】
流石: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
2. MarbleMarble is a non-foliated metamorphic rock composed of rec... Read more
1. touchstone; Lydian stone
2. touchstone (e.g. of success); test; litmus test
- Dreams are the touchstones of our characters.
3. Touchstone (assaying tool)A touchstone is a small tablet of dark stone such as fiel... Read more
1. strategic arrangement of go stones; opening moves
2. preparation; preparatory steps; groundwork
3. FusekiFuseki (布石 or 布局 in Chinese) is the whole board opening i... Read more
2. GallstoneA gallstone is a crystalline concretion formed within the... Read more
2. GravelGravel /ˈɡrævəl/ is composed of unconsolidated rock frag... Read more
1. standard practice; playing by the book; established tactic; formula
2. joseki (in go); standard sequence (esp. in a corner); standard move
3. JosekiIn Go, joseki are studied sequences of moves in the corne... Read more
2. MeteoriteA meteorite is a natural object originating in outer spac... Read more
1. stone weight (as used on pickle-tub covers)Abbreviation, See also 重し石, esp. 重石
- Lightly weigh the tofu down, leave it for about 20 minutes then drain.
2. weight (as used in balances)
1. dental calculus (calcified deposits that accumulate on the teeth); tartar (of the teeth)
2. Calculus (dental)In dentistry, calculus or tartar is a form of hardened de... Read more
1. curb (stone); kerb
2. Curb (road)</div> A curb (American English), or kerb, is the edge wh... Read more
縁石 【ふちいし】、縁石 【へりいし】
2. BirthstonesA birthstone (or birthday stone) is a gemstone, usually i... Read more
1. koku; traditional unit of volume, approx. 180.4 litres
- りょう 。
- That daimyo holds a fief yielding 100,000 koku of rice.
2. measure of a Japanese-style boat's loading capacity (approx. 278.26 liters)