Words — 99 found
1. to cry; to weep; to sob; to howl
哭く: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to burst into tears; to burst out crying; to begin to cry; to be moved to tears
泣きだす 【なきだす】、泣出す 【なきだす】
1. to make someone cry; to move someone to tearsSee also 泣かす
- Whatever you say will set her off crying.
2. to let cry
- It's OK to leave the baby to cry on occasion.
3. to grieve
1. crying oneself to sleep; giving up in frustration; accepting meekly; being compelled to accept a situation
1. to make someone cry; to move someone to tearsSee also 泣かせる
- We made him cry.
2. to grieve
1. weeping for joy; crying with happiness
うれし泣き 【うれしなき】、嬉泣き 【うれしなき】、嬉泣 【うれしなき】
1. making matters worse; adding insult to injury; bees to a tearful faceIdiomatic expression
1. to cling to ... in tears; to beg ... in tears; to appeal; to throw oneself on someone's mercy
泣付く 【なきつく】、泣きつく 【なきつく】
1. tearfully; in tears; weeping; crying
2. reluctantly; unwillingly; with a heavy heart
- She can't talk about her mother without choking up.
咽び泣き 【むせびなき】、噎び泣き 【むせびなき】