Words — 22 found
1. to pierce; to penetrate; to soak in; to permeateUsually written using kana alone
- His advice touched me to the quick.
2. to sting (wound or sensitive area, etc.); to smart; to twingeUsually written using kana alone, Only applies to 染みる, Only applies to 沁みる
- The soap hurt my eyes.
3. to be infected (with vice); to be steeped (with prejudice); to be influencedUsually written using kana alone
4. to feel keenly; to make a deep impressionUsually written using kana alone
沁みる 【しみる】、滲みる 【しみる】、浸みる 【しみる】、泌みる 【しみる】
JLPT N2 Links
1. keenly; deeply; fully; heartily; seriously; earnestlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
- かん 。
- The sad story came home to her.
2. calmly; quietly; softlyOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
3. fixedly (e.g. gazing, staring)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
染み染み 【しみじみ】、沁沁 【しみじみ】、泌み泌み 【しみじみ】
泌み泌み: Irregular kanji usage.
2. SecretionSecretion is the process of elaborating, releasing, and o... Read more
1. urinary organs
2. Urinary systemThe urinary system or urinary tract (also called the excr... Read more
1. exocrine gland
2. Exocrine glandExocrine glands are a type of ductal glands that secrete ... Read more
1. vaginal secretion (during arousal); vaginal lubricant
2. Vaginal lubricationVaginal lubrication is a lubricating fluid that is natura... Read more
1. endocrine disruptor
2. Endocrine disruptorEndocrine disruptors are chemicals that interfere with en... Read more
1. endocrineMedicine, etc. term, Biology term
2. incretion; internal secretionMedicine, etc. term, Biology term
2. EndocrinologyEndocrinology is a branch of biology and medicine dealing... Read more