Words — 45 found
1. regrettable; disappointing; unfortunate
- It is a pity that a man of your ability should remain unknown to the world.
2. precious; dear; valuable
- お 。
- Life is dear to everybody.
3. too good for; deserving better
- お 。
- This is still too good to be thrown away.
4. almost (but not quite); close (but no cigar)
1. frustrated (over a failure, humiliation or injustice); annoyed; chagrined; (bitterly) disappointed; bitter; vexed; frustrating; annoying; regrettable
口惜しい 【くやしい】、口惜しい 【くちおしい】
1. to be frugal; to be sparing
- べんきょう 。
- He studied hard, hardly taking time out for lunch.
2. to value; to hold dear
3. to regret (e.g. a loss); to feel sorry (for)
- We cannot grieve over his death too deeply.
4. to be unwilling; to be reluctant
吝しむ 【おしむ】、愛しむ 【おしむ】
吝しむ: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage. 愛しむ: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. being a poor loser; unwillingness to admit defeat; sour grapes
負惜しみ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. freely; generously; liberally; ungrudgingly; unsparinglySee also 惜し気
惜し気もなく 【おしげもなく】、惜しげも無く 【おしげもなく】、惜し気も無く 【おしげもなく】、惜気もなく 【おしげもなく】
惜気もなく: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. ratio of the margin of loss of an electoral candidate in a single-constituent district (used to break ties when determining the representative of a proportionally represented district)
2. SekihairitsuThe Sekihairitsu (惜敗率, literally the "narrow loss ratio",... Read more
1. alas; regrettably; to my great regret; tragicallyUsually written using kana alone
可惜 【あったら】、惜 【あたら】、惜 【あったら】
1. Lyonia ovalifolia (species of plant in the Ericaceae family)Usually written using kana alone, See also 捩木