Words — 166 found
1. role; assignment; responsibility; duty; function; job; service
- は 。
- He played an important part.
2. position (of responsibility); post; office
3. part (in a play, film, etc.); role; character
- His ambition is to play the part of Hamlet.
4. scoring combination; hand; yaku; meldMahjong, , Hanafuda
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. (company) director; executive; top managementOnly applies to じゅうやく
2. important post; role with heavy responsibilities
おもやく: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. child actor; child actress
2. child's role (in a film, play, etc.); child's part
3. Child actorThe term child actor or child actress is generally applie... Read more
1. supporting role (actor); minor role
2. Supporting characterA supporting character is a character of a book, play, vi... Read more
傍役 【わきやく】、わき役 【わきやく】
1. penal servitude; serving time in prison
- His son is serving his sentence.
2. military service
3. forced labor; compulsory service
1. active duty; active service
2. student taking (university) entrance exams while still enrolled in school; student who passed their university entrance exams on the first trySee also 浪人 ろうにん, often as 現役で
1. setting (someone) to work; employment; using
2. causative (verb, etc.)Grammar
- じつ 、「have
- もくてきご done」
- おお 。
- Actually, there are many cases where 'have [object] done' is not causative.
3. CausativeIn linguistics, a causative is a form that indicates that... Read more
1. representative director; managing director; president; someone chosen by the board of directors from among the directors to actually represent the company in its dealings with the outside world