Words — 35 found
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. desire; wish; hope
- My wish is to study painting in Paris.
2. request; entreaty; plea; appeal
- The mayor granted our request.
- My prayers were answered.
4. (written) applicationoft. 願 when used as a suffix
願: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to desire; to wish; to hope
- ねが 。
- We long for peace.
2. to beg; to request; to implore; to pray
- ねが 。
- He asked my pardon.
3. to have something done for oneself
- ねが 。
- Do watch your step.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. (written) application; written request; petition
2. written prayer for a shrine or Buddhist templeSee also 願文
1. desire; wish; aspiration
1. to ask for; to apply for; to make an application for; to file a request for; to submit (e.g. one's resignation)
1. cancellation; withdrawal
2. asking to be excused; begging off; not taking; refusing
- I don't want your pity.
1. wish; dream; prayer; one's desire
願いごと 【ねがいごと】、願事 【ねがいごと】
1. to make a wish (to a god); to pray (for the fulfilment of a wish)
願を掛ける 【がんをかける】、願を懸ける 【がんをかける】
1. best one could ask for; just what one wants; welcome (news); heaven-sent
1. priest who was also a street performer and performed prayers and other religious duties for the sake of other people
1. wish; hope; petition; request
2. intent of a request; purpose of an application; content of a prayer
1. making a prayer (to a god or Buddha)
願かけ 【がんかけ】、願掛 【がんかけ】、願掛け 【がんがけ】、願掛 【がんがけ】