Words — 52 found
1. insect; bug; cricket; moth
- She has a strong dislike of insects.
2. worm; roundworm
- さが 。
- The bird was looking for worms.
3. (one's) unconscious; thing inside one's body that stirs one's feelings and thoughtsSee also 虫を殺す
- Certainly he is handsome and intelligent, but there is something about him that I can't like.
4. nervousness; fretfulnessSee also 虫気
5. person devoted to one thing; single-minded personSee also 本の虫
6. valve core
7. mushi (type of game played with a stripped deck)Hanafuda, Usually written using kana alone, See also 虫札
蟲: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
1. cavity; tooth decay; decayed tooth; dental caries
むし歯 【むしば】、齲歯 【むしば】、齲 【むしば】、齲歯 【うし】、齲歯 【くし】
1. to be worm-eaten; to be eaten by worms
2. to affect adversely; to spoil; to ruin; to undermine; to gnaw at (one's heart, body, etc.); to eat into; to destroy
1. worm-eaten; moth-eaten
2. holes eaten in clothing, leaves, etc. by caterpillars, moths, etc.
3. leaf warbler (any bird of genus Phylloscopus); chiffchaff; willow wrenUsually written using kana alone
1. to be disgusted; to be repulsed; to get the creeps
虫酸が走る 【むしずがはしる】、虫ずが走る 【むしずがはしる】、むしずが走る 【むしずがはしる】
1. robber fly (any fly of family Asilidae)Usually written using kana alone
2. AsilidaeInsects in the Diptera family Asilidae are commonly calle... Read more
虫曳虻 【むしひきあぶ】、食虫虻 【むしひきあぶ】、ムシヒキアブ
1. selfish; asking too muchSee also 虫のいい
虫が良い 【むしがいい】、虫が良い 【むしがよい】、虫がよい 【むしがよい】
1. worm; insect
2. insignificant person; pathetic personDerogatory
虫螻: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. mushi-ken; Japanese rock-paper-scissors variant, in which the "frog", "snake" and "slug" are represented by the thumb, forefinger and little finger respectivelyHistorical term