Words — 55 found
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. blue; azure
2. greenmostly in compound words and in ref. to fruits, plants and traffic lights
3. green light (traffic)Abbreviation, See also 青信号
4. black (horse coat color)See also 青毛
5. immature; unripe; young
6. BlueBlue is a colour, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
蒼 【あお】、碧 【あお】
1. blue; azure
- Do you know why the sky is blue?
2. greenmostly arch. or in ref. to fruits, vegetables and traffic lights, etc.
3. pale; gray; greyOnly applies to 青い, Only applies to 蒼い, in ref. to facial colour
- The moment she heard the news, she turned pale.
4. unripe; inexperiencedOnly applies to 青い, Only applies to 蒼い
- あお 」
- You're still green.
蒼い 【あおい】、碧い 【あおい】
碧い: Out-dated kanji.
1. pale; pallid
- When John came back, he looked pale as if he had seen a ghost.
蒼白い 【あおじろい】、青じろい 【あおじろい】
1. to become pale; to turn pale
蒼ざめる 【あおざめる】、青褪める 【あおざめる】、蒼褪める 【あおざめる】
1. verdant; fresh and green; bright green; lushoften 青々として
青青 【あおあお】、蒼蒼 【あおあお】、碧碧 【あおあお】、蒼々 【あおあお】、碧々 【あおあお】
蒼蒼: Out-dated kanji. 碧碧: Out-dated kanji. 蒼々: Out-dated kanji. 碧々: Out-dated kanji.
1. blue waves; blue waveSee also 蒼波
2. hair that has lost its shine due to ageing
1. blue dragonSee also 青竜
2. Azure Dragon (god said to rule over the eastern heavens)See also 青竜
3. seven mansions (Chinese constellations) of the eastern heavensAstronomy, etc. term, See also 二十八宿
4. large horse with a bluish-leaden coat
5. shape of an old pine tree
蒼竜 【そうりゅう】、蒼龍 【そうりょう】、蒼龍 【そうりゅう】