Words — 44 found
1. to polish; to shine; to burnish; to scour; to scrub; to brush (teeth); to grind (e.g. a lens)
- This metal burnishes well.
2. to refine (a skill, etc.); to improve; to hone; to polish (up); to cultivate (one's character)
- Nothing could hinder Kate from using all her energy to polish her performances.
研く 【みがく】、琢く 【みがく】
研く: Rarely-used kanji form. 琢く: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. to sharpen; to hone; to whet; to grind
2. to wash (rice)esp. 磨ぐ
3. to scour; to polish; to burnish
磨ぐ 【とぐ】、砥ぐ 【とぐ】
1. polish; burnishing
2. improvement; becoming more skilled
1. to wear away; to rub down; to abrade
擦り減らす 【すりへらす】、磨り減らす 【すりへらす】
1. to rub; to chafe; to strike (match); to file; to frost (glass)
- Kelly struck a match and put it to his pipe.
2. to lose (e.g. a match); to forfeit; to squander one's money (e.g. through gambling, Pachinko, etc.)
- We shot our wad.
摩る 【する】、磨る 【する】、擂る 【する】
1. wear; abrasion
2. WearIn materials science, wear is erosion or sideways displac... Read more
磨耗: Irregular kanji usage.
1. to polish up (on); to refine; to hone; to round out
2. to polish (by rubbing)
1. ground stone tool; polished stone tool
2. Ground stoneIn archaeology, ground stone is a category of stone tool ... Read more
1. Capricorn (10th zodiacal sign); the Goat
2. Capricorn (astrology)Capricorn (♑) is the tenth astrological sign in the Zodia... Read more
1. to rub; to chafe
2. to wear out; to become worn
3. to lose one's innocence; to become sly
磨れる 【すれる】、摩れる 【すれる】、擂れる 【すれる】
1. to mash; to grind; to pulverize; to pulverise; to deface
2. to dissipate (a fortune); to run through; to lose
磨り潰す 【すりつぶす】、擂り潰す 【すりつぶす】、擂りつぶす 【すりつぶす】、磨りつぶす 【すりつぶす】、擂潰す 【すりつぶす】
擂潰す: Irregular okurigana usage.