Words — 62 found
1. step; stair; rung; (flight of) steps
- He jumped up the steps three at a time.
2. shelf; layer; tier
3. grade; level; class
4. dan (degree of advanced proficiency in martial arts, go, shogi, etc.); rank
5. paragraph; passage
6. column (of print)
7. act (in kabuki, joruri, etc.); section; scene
8. row of the multiplication table (e.g. five times table)
9. stage (in a process); phase; occasion; time; moment; situation
10. matter; occasionFormal or literary term, as ...の段
11. degree; extentas ...どころの段ではない, ...という段じゃない, etc.
12. counter for breaks in written language or speech
1. gradually; by degrees; little by little; more and more; increasinglyUsually written using kana alone
2. steps; stairs; staircase; terrace
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. trousers; pantsUsually written using kana alone, From French “jupon”
2. TrousersTrousers are an item of clothing worn from the waist to t... Read more
洋袴: Rarely-used kanji form. 段袋: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. stage; step; phase
- The disease is still in the primary stage.
2. level; rank; grade; gradation
4. stairsSee also 階段
2. end; stopping place; conclusion
3. ParagraphA paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside... Read more
1. wildly different (in ability, strength, etc.); on another level; in a different league; a world apart; far better
2. of different heights; uneven
1. notches; serration; indentation; jaggies (stair-step artifacts in computer images)Onomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
2. notched; serrated; jagged; corrugated; milledOnomatopoeic or mimetic word, Usually written using kana alone
段々 【ぎざぎざ】、刻刻 【ぎざぎざ】、段段 【ぎざぎざ】、ギザギザ
刻々: Rarely-used kanji form. 段々: Rarely-used kanji form. 刻刻: Rarely-used kanji form. 段段: Rarely-used kanji form.
1. fabric; cloth; textiles; drapery; dry-goods; piece goods
2. measure of kimono material
1. graded on N steps; scored out of Nafter number N
- Not wanting to boast but I've never got better than a 3 on my report card for home economics. Out of 10 that is.
1. (gymnastics) uneven parallel bars
2. Uneven barsThe uneven bars or asymmetric bars is an artistic gymnast... Read more
1. difference in grades (e.g. in go, shoji, etc.)
2. difference in level (e.g. road, footpath); ramp; steps; bump (in road)