Words — 112 found
2. LanguageLanguage may refer either to the specifically human capac... Read more
言語 【ごんご】、言語 【げんきょ】
げんきょ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. outrageous; preposterous; scandalous; inexcusable; absurd; execrableYojijukugo (four character compound)
言語同断: Irregular kanji usage.
1. incarnation (of Buddha or bodhisattva); avatarBuddhism, See also 実化
2. embodiment (as in "embodiment of evil"); incarnation; personification
1. temporary manifestation of a Buddha (or bodhisattva, etc.) in the form of a Shinto kami
2. GongenDuring the era of shinbutsu shūgō, in Japan a (gongen was... Read more
1. great burdock (Arctium lappa); goboUsually written using kana alone
2. Arctium lappaArctium lappa, commonly called greater burdock, edible bu... Read more
牛蒡 【ごんぼ】、牛蒡 【うまふぶき】、ゴボウ
うまふぶき: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. religious serviceBuddhism
2. Buddhist liturgyA liturgy is a set form of ceremony or pattern of worship... Read more
1. striped eel catfish (Plotosus lineatus)From Latin “Plotosus”
2. PlotosusPlotosus is a genus of eeltail catfishes native to the In... Read more
1. style of Shinto architecture in which the main hall and worship hall share one roof, and are connected via an intermediate passageway
2. Ishi-no-ma-zukuri, also called gongen-zukuri, yatsumune-zukuri and miyader... Read more
Common word Links
1. seeking rebirth in the Pure LandBuddhism, Yojijukugo (four character compound)