Words — 124 found
1. horizontal (as opposed to vertical); lying downSee also 横になる
- The mother laid her baby on the bed.
2. side-to-side (as opposed to front-to-back); width; breadthSee also 首を横に振る
- As the road was wet, the car must have slipped sideways.
3. side (of a box, etc.)
- おお 。
- The side of the house was covered with ivy.
4. beside; aside; next to
- That person has a mole at the side of his eye.
5. unconnectedSee also 横から口を挟む
1. to cross (e.g. road); to traverse
1. to lie down; to stretch out
2. to lie ahead (of danger, difficulty, etc.); to lie in wait
1. profile; face in profile; face seen from the side
2. (personal) profile; (biographical) sketch; outline (of someone's life)
1. sideslip; skid; sliding sideways
2. shifting to another post (at the same level); sideways move (at a company)
3. sliding sideways down a slope (skiing)
横すべり 【よこすべり】、横辷り 【よこすべり】
1. yokozuna (highest rank in sumo); grand championSumo term
2. best in its field; crème de la crème; cream of the crop
1. horizontally; flat
- たお 。
- He fell flat on the floor.
2. across; crossways; crosswise; sideways; abreast
- ある 。
- They were walking three abreast.
1. sidewise crawl (e.g. of a crab); crawling sidewaysOnly applies to よこばい
2. leafhopper (insect); jassidUsually written using kana alone
3. sidewinder (Crotalus cerastes)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, See also ヨコバイガラガラヘビ
4. levelling off (of prices, etc.); stabilizing
5. LeafhopperLeafhopper is a common name applied to any species from t... Read more