Words — 43 found
1. to raise; to elevateSee also 手を挙げる
- くだ 。
- If you have a question, please raise your right hand.
2. to do up (one's hair)See also 髪を上げる
- I also prefer it with the hair worn up.
3. to fly (a kite, etc.); to launch (fireworks, etc.); to surface (a submarine, etc.)
- The fireworks were set off on all sides.
4. to land (a boat)
- They drew the boat on the beach.
5. to deep-fryOnly applies to 揚げる
- あげ 。
- This chicken is fried well.
6. to show someone (into a room)
7. to givePolite (teineigo) language, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 上げる
- Do you sometimes give your sister money?
8. to send someone (away)
9. to enrol (one's child in school); to enroll
10. to increase (price, quality, status, etc.); to develop (talent, skill); to improve
- あ 。
- The store raised all the prices.
11. to make (a loud sound); to raise (one's voice)See also 声を上げる
- い 。
- He cried out and ran away.
12. to earn (something desirable)
- あ 。
- He got wonderful results.
13. to praise
14. to give (an example, etc.); to citeusu. 挙げる
- きしゃ ：
- Reporter: Can you give me an example?
15. to summon up (all of one's energy, etc.)usu. 挙げる
- Fight with all your might.
16. to arrestOnly applies to 挙げる
17. to nominateOnly applies to 挙げる
- あ 。
- I put Paul's name forward as a possible candidate.
18. to summon (for geishas, etc.)Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 揚げる
19. to offer up (incense, a prayer, etc.) to the gods (or Buddha, etc.)Only applies to 上げる
20. to bear (a child)
21. to conduct (a ceremony, esp. a wedding)usu. 挙げる
- あ 。
- I held a wedding ceremony last month.
22. (of the tide) to come in
23. to vomit
24. to do for (the sake of someone else)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo) language, after the -te form of a verb
- I will show you how to solve it.
25. to complete ...See also 作り上げる, after the -masu stem of a verb
26. to humbly do ...Humble (kenjougo) language, See also 申し上げる, after the -masu stem of a humble verb to increase the level of humility
27. Deep fryingDeep frying is a cooking method in which food is submerge... Read more
挙げる 【あげる】、揚げる 【あげる】
Common word Links
1. after (a long process); at the end ofesp. 〜したあげく or 〜のあげく
2. last line (of a renga)See also 発句
挙げ句 【あげく】、揚げ句 【あげく】、揚句 【あげく】
1. raised leg; lifting a leg
2. upturn (in the market)Only applies to 上げ足, Only applies to 上足, Antonym: 下げ足
3. sitting cross-leggedArchaism
挙げ足 【あげあし】、上げ足 【あげあし】、揚足 【あげあし】、挙足 【あげあし】、上足 【あげあし】
1. false bottom; fake bottom; raised bottom; platform (shoes); kick (of a bottle)
2. exaggeration; overstatement
上げ底 【あげそこ】、揚げ底 【あげぞこ】、揚げ底 【あげそこ】、上底 【あげぞこ】、上底 【あげそこ】、揚底 【あげぞこ】、揚底 【あげそこ】
1. lightly deep-fried tofuFood, cooking
2. Agedashi tofuAgedashi tofu (or agedashi dofu, 揚げ出し豆腐 Agedashi dōfu – s... Read more
1. high-class Edo-period pleasure house (where outside prostitutes were hired to entertained guests)
1. lightly deep-fried (food, esp. tofu)Food, cooking, See also 揚げ出し豆腐
1. faultfinding; carping; quibbling; cavilling; caviling
あげ足取り 【あげあしとり】、あげ足とり 【あげあしとり】、挙げ足取り 【あげあしとり】、揚足取り 【あげあしとり】
1. finally; in the end; on top of all thatusu. as ～に
挙げ句の果て 【あげくのはて】、挙句の果て 【あげくのはて】、揚げ句の果て 【あげくのはて】、揚句の果て 【あげくのはて】