Words — 15 found
1. notice; bulletin; post; posting; placard
1. to put up (a notice, sign, etc.); to hang out (e.g. a banner); to fly (e.g. a flag); to hoist; to raise; to display
- He put up a flag.
2. to hold up high; to raise overhead
3. to tout (a principle, plan, etc.); to herald; to hold up (an ideal); to parade (e.g. a slogan)
4. to publish; to print; to carry (e.g. an article)
- The following persons passed the examination.
5. to tuck up (e.g. sleeves); to roll up
6. to stoke (a fire); to fan (a flame)Archaism
1. publication (e.g. of an article in a newspaper); carrying (e.g. a story); running (e.g. a serial); insertion (e.g. of an advertisement); printing; posting (e.g. on the web)