Words — 17 found
1. nest; rookery; breeding place; hive
- つた 。
- Bees communicate the location of food by carrying odor samples back to the hive.
4. (spider's) webSee also 蜘蛛の巣
- お 。
- Spiders always weave their webs in three dimensions.
5. NestA nest is a place of refuge to hold an animal's eggs or p... Read more
1. to build (a nest); to nest
2. to haunt (a place); to hang out (somewhere)
- There is not a passion so strongly rooted in the human heart as envy.
巣食う: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. leaving the nest
2. going out into the world; becoming independent
1. to leave the nest
2. to go out into the world; to become independent (of one's parents); to graduate (and become a member of society)Idiomatic expression
1. nesting hole; burrow; den
巣孔 【すあな】、巣穴 【そうけつ】
そうけつ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. nesting; hibernation
2. shutting oneself in at home; staying at homeColloquialism
巣篭もり 【すごもり】、巣籠もり 【すごもり】、巣篭り 【すごもり】、巣籠り 【すごもり】
1. consumption of goods and services by young working adults who live at home, with their basic living expenses covered by their parents; nest-dweller consumption