Words — 7 found
1. surname; family name
- How do you pronounce your last name?
2. hereditary title (used in ancient Japan to denote rank and political standing)Only applies to せい, See also 姓 かばね
3. Family nameA family name (in Western contexts often referred to as a... Read more
姓 【しょう】、姓 【そう】
しょう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. (full) name; family name and given name
1. full name; family name
2. Japanese clansThis is a list of Japanese clans. The ancient clans menti... Read more
1. fortunetelling based on writing or pronunciation of one's nameYojijukugo (four character compound)