Words — 56 found
1. to bury (e.g. in the ground)
- う 。
- Dogs often bury bones.
2. to fill up (e.g. audience fills a hall); to cause to be packed
- The crowd filled the hall.
3. to plug (a gap); to stop (a gap); to bridge (a difference, a gap); to fill (a seat, a vacant position); to fill out
- The problem lies in the fact that the necessary gap is bridged by perception.
4. to make up for (a loss, shortage, etc.); to make amends; to compensate for
- I have to cover his loss.
5. to put cold water (in a bath)
- As the bath is too hot, I will run some cold water into it.
6. to cover; to scatter something over
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. burying in the ground
2. having underground deposits
2. BurialBurial or interment is the act of placing a person or obj... Read more
1. to be buried; to be covered; to be surrounded
- It is said that treasure is buried in this area.
2. to overflow; to be crowded; to be filled
- う 。
- The hall was filled with such a large audience that there wasn't even standing room.
3. to be repaid (e.g. debt); to be replenishedOnly applies to うまる
4. to be filled (e.g. blank, vacancy, schedule)Only applies to うまる
1. to make amends; to compensate for; to make up for
1. being buried
2. remaining unknown; being forgotten
3. being absorbed (e.g. in research); being immersed
- き 。
- He is totally immersed in family life and has no wish to work.
1. to make up for; to compensate forSee also 埋め合わせる
埋め合す 【うめあわす】、埋めあわす 【うめあわす】
1. bogwood; bog oak
- おく 。
- He lived in obscurity.
3. figObscure term, See also 無花果
埋もれ木 【むもれぎ】、埋れ木 【うもれぎ】、埋れ木 【むもれぎ】
むもれぎ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. むもれぎ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. reclaimed land
2. Land reclamationLand reclamation, usually known as reclamation, is the pr... Read more
1. to cover; to bury (e.g. one's face in hands); to submerge
- な 。
- Keiko buried her head in the pillow and cried.
2. to fill (completely); to stuff; to pack; to cram; to fill up
- やく ８
- About eighty thousand spectators packed into the stadium last night.
1. to be buried; to be covered; to be hidden
埋もれる 【うずもれる】、埋もれる 【うづもれる】
1. buried gold; buried treasure
2. Buried treasureA buried treasure is an important part of the popular bel... Read more
1. carrion beetle (any beetle of family Silphidae, incl. burying beetles)Usually written using kana alone
2. SilphidaeSilphidae is a family of beetles that are known commonly ... Read more
1. to fill to capacity; to pack; to complete; to cram; to cover completely; to blanket; to fill out; to fill in
2. to tessellateMathematics