Words — 1 found
1. to grow long (e.g. hair, nails)esp. 伸ばす
- The boy persisted in wearing his hair long.
2. to lengthen; to extend; to stretch
- の 。
- The impudent child extended her legs across my lap.
3. to reach out; to hold outesp. 伸ばす
- He reached out and took down a small leather bound book.
4. to straighten; to smooth out
- の 。
- I can't straighten my right arm.
5. to spread evenly (dough, cream, etc.)
6. to dilute; to thin out
7. to postponeesp. 延ばす
- Don't put off the work till tomorrow.
8. to prolong
- I'd like to stay one more night. Is that possible?
9. to strengthen; to develop; to expand
- The purpose of the committee is to develop children's musical talent.