Words — 13 found
1. (a) step
- めにはい 。
- Outside the school, she saw people with no homes living in cardboard boxes.
2. level; stage
3. small degree; small amount
- With just a little more effort, he would have succeeded.
1. step by step; by degreesYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. to take a step backward
2. to step back (i.e. to re-think something); to distance oneself (from); to take a back seatIdiomatic expression
3. to behave humblyIdiomatic expression
4. to budge (a little); to make one concessionIdiomatic expression
1. ichibugin; Edo-period rectangular silver coin worth one quarter ryōSee also 両 りょう
1. to step forward; to take a step forward
2. to start on a project, etc.; to take the first step with
- いっぽをふみだ 。
- She got her feet wet teaching while she was in the Peace Corps.
1. to be slightly inferior; to be a degree worse
2. to give an inch; to make a concession; to concede a point