Words — 525 found
1. oneSee also ワン, １ can also be read ワン. 壱, 弌 and 壹 are used in legal documents
- Pack eggs in dozens.
- おも 。
- I thought the highest mountain in Tsuyama was Takiyama.
3. first; foremost
4. beginning; start
5. bottom string (on a shamisen, etc.)
１ 【いち】、壱 【いち】、弌 【いち】、壹 【いち】
壹: Out-dated kanji.
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
Common word JLPT N5 Links
1. one day
- げつ ・
- すい ・
- I work every other day: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
2. first day of the monthSee also ついたち
- わたし ｅ—ｍａｉｌ
- My e-mail address will be as follows effective April 1.
一日 【いちじつ】、一日 【ひとひ】、一日 【ひとえ】、１日 【いちにち】、１日 【いちじつ】、１日 【ひとひ】、１日 【ひとえ】
ひとひ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ひとえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ひとひ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ひとえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. once; one time; on one occasion
- むずか 。
- A habit is very difficult to shake off once it is formed.
2. temporarily; for a momentOnly applies to ひとたび
3. one degree; one tone; one musical intervalOnly applies to いちど
- なが 。
- Distance per degree of longitude at equator.
１度 【いちど】、一度 【ひとたび】、１度 【ひとたび】、一たび 【ひとたび】、ひと度 【ひとたび】、一とたび 【ひとたび】
一とたび: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. single word; a few words; brief comment
ひと言 【ひとこと】、一言 【いちげん】、一言 【いちごん】
1. one o'clock
2. once; at one time; formerly; before
3. for a time; for a while; for the time being; for the present; for the moment; temporarilyin weather forecasts, indicates that a given condition will hold for less than one-quarter of the forecast period
4. a time; one time; onceSee also 一時に
1. more or less; though not quite satisfactorily; after a fashion; pretty much; roughly; so far as it goes
2. tentatively; for the time being
3. just in case
1. first-class; top grade; foremost; top-notch; leading
2. characteristic; peculiar; unique
3. school (e.g. of a performance art)
4. one flag; one banner; one streameralso written as 一旒
1. fixed; settled; constant; definite; uniform; regularized; regularised; defined; standardized; standardised; certain; prescribed
1. one-by-one; separatelyUsually written using kana alone
- み 。
- John picked up the articles one by one and examined them.
2. every single; each and every; without omission; fully; in detailUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- He finds faults with everything I do.
1. more; much more; still more; all the more
- す 。
- I was at a musical recently, in the third row. Seeing the actor I love up close like that made me feel more smitten with him than ever.
2. step; rung; level; rank
3. paragraph; passage
1. one part; one portion; one section; some
- おも 。
- Some people believe that Japan is No.1 in everything.
2. one copy (e.g. of a document)
1. one face; one surface
- なが 。
- He picked up the newspaper and glanced casually over the front page.
2. the whole surface
- おお 。
- The earth lay beneath a blanket of snow.
3. one aspect; one side
- い 。
- "One aspect of language is an intent to communicate," he says.
4. (on) the other hand
- おも 。
- I understand her, but on the other hand I don't think she's right.
5. one broad, flat object
6. front page (e.g. newspaper)
1. series; chain; sequenceOnly applies to 一連
- They gave a series of concerts.
2. two reams (i.e. 1000 sheets of paper)
3. verse; stanzaOnly applies to 一連
1. unconditionally; as a rule
1. one personesp. 一人
- John Wayne was one of the most popular movie stars of this century.
2. alone; unmarried; solitaryOnly applies to ひとり, esp. 独り
- き 。
- Jim awoke and found himself alone in the room.
独り 【ひとり】、１人 【ひとり】、一人 【いちにん】、１人 【いちにん】
1. first place; first rank; unit's positionOnly applies to いちい
- Either you or I will get the first prize.
2. Japanese yew (Taxus cuspidata)Usually written using kana alone, usually イチイ
3. Taxus cuspidataTaxus cuspidata (Japanese Yew or Spreading Yew) is a memb... Read more