Words — 1702 found
1. oneSee also ワン, １ can also be read ワン. 壱, 弌 and 壹 are used in legal documents
- Pack eggs in dozens.
- おも 。
- I thought the highest mountain in Tsuyama was Takiyama.
3. first; foremost
4. beginning; start
5. bottom string (on a shamisen, etc.)
１ 【いち】、壱 【いち】、弌 【いち】、壹 【いち】
壹: Out-dated kanji.
- かとおも 、
- No sooner has one typhoon passed than the next one approaches.
2. for one thingoften used in itemized lists
- For one thing, I am poor; for another, I am busy.
3. onlyafter a noun
4. (not) evenwith a verb in negative form
- うご 。
- He did not even raise an eyebrow at the news of his wife's death.
5. just (e.g. "just try it")
１つ 【ひとつ】、一 【ひとつ】
一: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word Links
1. oneSee also 一 いち, esp. ひと
2. onewhen counting aloud, usu. ひ or ひい
一 【ひ】、一 【ひい】
1. coincidence; agreement; union; match
- We agreed to start early the next morning.
2. conformity; consistency
- His words and deeds do not match.
5. Agreement (linguistics)In languages, agreement or concord is a form of cross-ref... Read more
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
1. togetherSee also 御一緒
2. at the same time
3. same; identical
一しょ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. a little; a bit; slightlyUsually written using kana alone
- あいだ 、
- Hold still a moment while I fix your tie.
2. just a minute; for a moment; brieflyUsually written using kana alone
- ひく 。
- This desk is a little low for me.
3. somewhat; rather; fairly; pretty; quiteUsually written using kana alone
- You won't find a better job in a hurry.
4. (not) easily; (not) readilyUsually written using kana alone, before a verb in negative form
- Hey, you there!
5. hey!; excuse meUsually written using kana alone
一寸 【ちょと】、鳥渡 【ちょっと】、鳥渡 【ちょと】、チョット、ちょいと、チョッと
一寸: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 一寸: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 鳥渡: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 鳥渡: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. one day
- げつ ・
- すい ・
- I work every other day: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
2. first day of the monthSee also ついたち
- わたし ｅ—ｍａｉｌ
- My e-mail address will be as follows effective April 1.
一日 【いちじつ】、一日 【ひとひ】、一日 【ひとえ】、１日 【いちにち】、１日 【いちじつ】、１日 【ひとひ】、１日 【ひとえ】
ひとひ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ひとえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ひとひ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ひとえ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. very hard; with utmost effort; with all one's might; for dear lifeYojijukugo (four character compound), See also 一所懸命
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. once; one time; on one occasion
- むずか 。
- A habit is very difficult to shake off once it is formed.
2. temporarily; for a momentOnly applies to ひとたび
3. one degree; one tone; one musical intervalOnly applies to いちど
- なが 。
- Distance per degree of longitude at equator.
１度 【いちど】、一度 【ひとたび】、１度 【ひとたび】、一たび 【ひとたび】、ひと度 【ひとたび】、一とたび 【ひとたび】
一とたび: Irregular okurigana usage.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. one (esp. of two); the other; one way; the other way; one direction; the other direction; one side; the other side; one party; the other party
- The floor was painted green, while the walls were yellow.
2. on the one hand; on the other handSee also 他方
- いっぽう 、
- しご 」
- But, then again, Latin was already a "dead language" by that time.
3. whereas; although; but at the same time; meanwhile; in turn
4. just keeps; being inclined to ...; tending to be ...; tending to do ...; continuously ...; just keeps on ...ing; onlyafter noun, adjective-stem or plain verb
- I always buy the English-language books I come across at bookstores. But since I never read them, all they do is pile up.
1. ...the heck (e.g. "what the heck?"); ...in the world (e.g. "why in the world?"); ...on earth (e.g. "who on earth?")before an interrogative, forms an emphatic question
- Where on earth did you meet him?
2. one object; one body; unity
- A strike is a mass refusal to work by a body of employees.
3. one form; one style
4. one Buddhist image (or carving, etc.)
5. generally; in generalSee also 一体に
1. single word; a few words; brief comment
ひと言 【ひとこと】、一言 【いちげん】、一言 【いちごん】
1. much more; still more; all the more; more than ever
- You should study still harder.
2. single layer (or storey, etc.)
3. rather; sooner; preferablyArchaism, See also いっそ
1. whole life; a lifetime; all through life; one existence; a generation; an age; the whole world; the era
- You must study your whole life.
2. (the only, the greatest, etc.) of one's life
- A home is a once-in-a-lifetime purchase so you don't want to make any snap decisions.
1. a family; a household; a home; one's family; whole family
2. (one's own) style; school
3. gang; (yazuka) family
1. general; universal
2. ordinary; average; commonAntonym: 特殊
3. the same; no different; (just) as ifArchaism