Words — 582 found
1. hand; armSee also お手 おて, occ. pronounced た when a prefix
- I made motions at him to come here with my hand.
2. forepaw; forelegColloquialism, See also お手 おて
- Here is a pan without handles.
4. hand; worker; help
5. trouble; care; effort
6. means; way; trick; move; technique; workmanship
- おも 。
- I hit upon a good idea.
7. hand; handwriting
8. kind; type; sort
9. one's hands; one's possessionSee also 手に入る
- はい 。
- Books are now within the reach of everybody.
10. ability to copeSee also 手に余る
11. hand (of cards)
- くば 。
- I was dealt a good hand.
12. directionSee also 山の手
13. move (in go, shogi, etc.)
15. HandA hand is a prehensile, multi-fingered extremity located ... Read more
1. ship; boat; watercraft; vessel; steamshipOnly applies to 船, Only applies to 舟, 舟 is often small and hand-propelled
- ひきあ 。
- They drew their boat on the beach.
2. tank; tub; vat; trough
3. counter for boat-shaped containers (e.g. of sashimi)Only applies to 船, Only applies to 舟
4. ShipSince the end of the age of sail a ship has been any larg... Read more
舟 【ふね】、槽 【ふね】
1. relation; relationship; connection
2. participation; involvement; concern
3. influence; effect
4. sexual relations; sexual relationship
5. related to ...; connected to ...
1. sound; noise; report
- き 。
- We can hear the ocean from here.
2. noteMusic term
- だ 。
- She struck high notes on the piano.
3. fameOnly applies to おと
4. Chinese-derived character readingOnly applies to おん, See also 訓 くん
5. SoundSound is a mechanical wave that is an oscillation of pres... Read more
音 【ね】、音 【おん】
1. fire; flame; blaze
- Draw your chair closer to the fire.
2. FireFire is the rapid oxidation of a material in the exotherm... Read more
- Did you go abroad for pleasure or on business?
2. play (margin between on and off, gap before pressing button or lever has an effect)Usually written using kana alone
3. Play (activity)Play is a term employed in psychology and ethology to des... Read more
1. thread; yarn; string
- ひろ 。
- My grandma stooped down and picked up a needle and thread.
2. YarnThis article is about the fibre product. For the type of ... Read more
1. miso; fermented condiment usu. made from soybeansFood term
2. innards (from crabs, shrimps, etc.) resembling miso
3. key (main) point; good part (of something)See also 手前味噌 てまえみそ
- The good thing about this electronic dictionary is that it's easy to carry.
5. Misois a traditional Japanese seasoning produced by fermentin... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
- I had bought it the week before.
2. WeekA week is a time unit equal to seven days. The English wo... Read more
1. prize; award
- え 。
- As was expected, he won the prize.
2. AwardAn award is something given to a person or a group of peo... Read more
1. picture (framed)
- Bob mounted the portrait in a fancy frame, but it was upside down.
2. amount or sum (of money)
- This amount includes tax.
3. ForeheadIn human anatomy, the forehead is the fore part of the he... Read more
1. state; province; county; oblast; department (of ancient China)
- Traveling to the southern states during the winter will be costlier than it is now.
3. dearArchaism, after someone's name
4. Zhou (country subdivision)Zhou were historical political divisions of China. Formal... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. doctorate; PhD; Dr (as a title)usu. はくし
- はじ 。
- In 1972, Dr. Francine Patterson started to teach sign language to Koko.
2. expert; learned personusu. はかせ
3. Doctor (title)Doctor, as a title, originates from the Latin word of the... Read more
1. needle; pinSee also 鍼
- I pricked my thumb with a needle.
3. stinger; thorn
- すす 。
- She advanced the hand ten minutes.
4. hand (e.g. clock, etc.); pointer
5. staple (for a stapler)
6. needlework; sewingSee also 御針
- Apparently the wound itself only needs a few stitches.
8. counter for stitches
9. Sewing needleA sewing needle is a long slender tool with a pointed tip... Read more
鉤 【はり】、鈎 【はり】、鉤 【ち】、鈎 【ち】
ち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. ち: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. saucepan; pot
2. stew; hot potFood term
3. Cookware and bakewareCookware and bakeware are types of food preparation conta... Read more
1. bay; gulf; inlet
- そそ 。
- The river descends from the mountains to the bay below.
2. BayA bay is a large body of water connected to an ocean or s... Read more
1. section (i.e. of text); sentence; passage; paragraph
- He explained the literal meaning of the phrase.
2. phraselinguistics terminology
- You can omit the preposition in this phrase.
3. verse (of 5 or 7 mora in Japanese poetry; of 4, 5, or 7 characters in Chinese poetry)
4. haiku; first 17 morae of a renga, etc.
5. maxim; saying; idiom; expression
6. PhraseIn everyday speech, a phrase may refer to any group of wo... Read more
1. talent; gift; function
2. noh (theatre)
- Noh is a traditional Japanese art.
3. Noh, or Nogaku —derived from the Sino-Japanese word for "ski... Read more