Words — 196 found
1. mountain; hill
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. mine (e.g. coal mine)
- もち 。
- It was used for raking together heaps of money.
3. heap; pile
4. crown (of a hat); thread (of a screw); tread (of a tire); protruding part of an object
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
5. climax; peak; critical point
6. guess; speculation
7. criminal case; crimeused by policemen, crime reporters, etc.
8. mountain climbing; mountaineering
9. festival float (esp. one mounted with a decorative halberd)See also 山鉾
10. wall; wall tileMahjong term
11. temple; temple groundsArchaism
13. MountainError: image is invalid or non-existent A mountain is a l... Read more
1. whiteSee also 黒
- I have two dogs. One is white and the other black.
2. innocence; innocent person
3. blank space
4. white go stone
5. white dragon tileMahjong term, also read はく
6. skewered grilled pig intestineFood term
7. WhiteWhite is a color, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
1. hill; height; knoll; rising groundOnly applies to 丘, Only applies to 岡, Only applies to 壟
2. bonus points awarded to the winner at the end of a game, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 丘, Only applies to 陸符
3. HillA hill is a landform that extends above the surrounding t... Read more
岡 【おか】、壟 【おか】、陸符 【おか】
1. place; spot; space
- しら 。
- The party grew chilly.
2. field; discipline; sphere; realm
- This tie is not suitable for a situation like this.
3. occasion; situationSee also その場
4. scene (of a play, movie, etc.)
5. session (of the stock market)
6. area in which cards are laid out (in a card game)
8. fieldPhysics terminology
9. field (gestalt psychology)
10. Field (physics)In physics, a field is a physical quantity associated wit... Read more
1. to stick; to paste; to affixesp. 貼る
- Attach a recent photograph to your application form.
2. to stretch; to spread; to strain; to tighten; to put up (tent)
- Have you ever seen a spider spinning its web?
3. to form (e.g. ice on a pond)
- は 。
- There was thin ice on the lake.
4. to fill; to swell
5. to stick out; to put; to slap
6. to be expensive
7. to keep a watch on; to be on the lookout
9. to span; to generateMathematics
1. to sing (bird)
- That pretty bird did nothing but sing day after day.
2. to bark; to purr; to make sound (animal)
- かえ 。
- Let's return when the frog croaks.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. departure; departing (from ...); departing (at time ...)See also 着 ちゃく
- I want to catch the six o'clock train to New York.
2. sending; sent (by ...); sent (at ...)
3. engineAbbreviation, See also 発動機
4. green dragon tile, Abbreviation, See also 緑發, also written as 發
- う 。
- He fired three shots.
5. counter for gunshots, bursts of gas, etc.; counter for bullets, bombs, etc.; counter for blows (punches)also ぱつ
1. to make a payment via bank deposit transfer
2. to discard another player's winning tile
1. face; honour; honorFrom Chinese “mianzi”
2. combination of three tiles that form a set
3. personnel; members; lineup
4. making up a four to play mahjong
2. stacking the wall of tiles to one's advantageMahjong term
つみこみ: news2, nf34. 積み込み: news2, nf34.
1. three colours; three colors
2. triple run; winning hand containing the same chow in each of the three suitsMahjong term, Abbreviation, See also 三色同順
3. triple pung; winning hand containing the same pung in each of the three suitsMahjong term, Abbreviation, See also 三色同刻
さんしょく: news2, nf29. 三色: news2, nf29.
1. tile that may be discarded without risking benefiting an opponent
2. no-risk choice; easily handled person
- They'll be attacked if they carelessly express an original viewpoint, so they only report on the safe options.
1. giving up on winning a hand and discarding only safe tilesMahjong term, Usually written using kana alone
1. wind blowing down, coming over a mountain
2. immediately after one's drawMahjong term
3. winning off a discarded tile from the player to one's right or across the table on the turn after letting one's winning tile go by from the player to one's leftMahjong term
1. fishing (i.e. needing one more tile for completion), Usually written using kana alone, From Chinese “tingpai”
1. distinguished personYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. thirteen orphans; winning hand containing one of each terminal and honor tile plus one extra copy of any of themMahjong term