Words — 228 found
1. mountain; hill
- はい 、
- こた 。
- "I do not regret having gone into the forest and up the mountain," replied the younger brother.
2. mine (e.g. coal mine)
- もち 。
- It was used for raking together heaps of money.
3. heap; pile
4. crown (of a hat); thread (of a screw); tread (of a tire); protruding part of an object
- You've sure got the teacher's number.
5. climax; peak; critical point
6. guess; speculation
7. criminal case; crimeused by policemen, crime reporters, etc.
8. mountain climbing; mountaineering
9. festival float (esp. one mounted with a decorative halberd)See also 山鉾
10. wall; wall tileMahjong term
11. temple; temple groundsArchaism
13. MountainError: image is invalid or non-existent A mountain is a l... Read more
1. whiteSee also 黒
- I have two dogs. One is white and the other black.
2. innocence; innocent person
3. blank space
4. white go stone
5. white dragon tileMahjong term, also read はく
6. skewered grilled pig intestineFood term
7. WhiteWhite is a color, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
- Alice has a flower in her hair.
2. hair (on one's head)
- わたし 、ケン
- やさ 、
- I'm going with Ken. He is cool, gentle and smart. What's more, he is single!
3. mind; brains; intellectOnly applies to あたま
4. leader; chief; boss; captain
5. top; tip
6. beginning; start
7. head; personOnly applies to あたま
8. top structural component of a kanjiOnly applies to かしら
9. NeckThe neck is the part of the body, on many terrestrial or ... Read more
1. hill; height; knoll; rising groundOnly applies to 丘, Only applies to 岡, Only applies to 壟
2. bonus points awarded to the winner at the end of a game, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to 丘, Only applies to 陸符
3. HillA hill is a landform that extends above the surrounding t... Read more
岡 【おか】、壟 【おか】、陸符 【おか】
1. place; spot; space
- しら 。
- The party grew chilly.
2. field; discipline; sphere; realm
- This tie is not suitable for a situation like this.
3. occasion; situationSee also その場
4. scene (of a play, movie, etc.)
5. session (of the stock market)
6. area in which cards are laid out (in a card game)
8. fieldPhysics terminology
9. field (gestalt psychology)
10. Field (physics)In physics, a field is a physical quantity associated wit... Read more
1. to cut; to cut through; to perform (surgery)
- き 。
- 2. Cut the daikon into long sticks.
2. to sever (connections, ties)See also 縁を切る
3. to turn off (e.g. the light)
- Do you mind if I turn off the AC?
4. to terminate (e.g. a conversation); to hang up (the phone); to disconnectSee also 電話を切る
- "May I speak to Mr Smith?" "Will you hold the line?"
5. to punch (a ticket); to tear off (a stub)
6. to open (something sealed)
- Once you break the seal, you can't return the tape.
7. to start
- しんきいってん 、
- き 。
- I quit my job and moved so I could start off with a clean slate.
8. to set (a limit); to do (something) in less or within a certain time; to issue (stamps, vouchers, etc.)
9. to reduce; to decrease; to discountSee also 値切る
10. to shake off (water, etc.); to let drip-dry; to let drain
11. to cross; to traverse
12. to criticize sharply
13. to act decisively; to do (something noticeable); to go first; to make (certain facial expressions, in kabuki)
14. to turn (a vehicle)
15. to curl (a ball); to bend; to cut
- Please shuffle the cards carefully.
16. to shuffle (cards)
17. to dismiss; to sack; to let go; to expulse; to excommunicate
18. to dig (a groove); to cut (a stencil, on a mimeograph)
- Harry managed to swim across the river.
19. to trumpSee also 切り札
20. to cut (the connection between two groups) (in go)
21. to start a fire (with wood-wood friction or by striking a metal against stone)also written as 鑽る
22. to draw (a shape) in the air (with a sword, etc.)
23. to finish; to completeSee also 疲れきる, after the -masu stem of a verb
1. to stick; to paste; to affixesp. 貼る
- Attach a recent photograph to your application form.
2. to stretch; to spread; to strain; to tighten; to put up (tent)
- Have you ever seen a spider spinning its web?
3. to form (e.g. ice on a pond)
- は 。
- There was thin ice on the lake.
4. to fill; to swell
5. to stick out; to put; to slap
6. to be expensive
7. to keep a watch on; to be on the lookout
9. to span; to generateMathematics
1. to sing (bird)
- That pretty bird did nothing but sing day after day.
2. to bark; to purr; to make sound (animal)
- かえ 。
- Let's return when the frog croaks.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. departure; departing (from ...); departing (at time ...)See also 着 ちゃく
- I want to catch the six o'clock train to New York.
2. sending; sent (by ...); sent (at ...)
3. engineAbbreviation, See also 発動機
4. green dragon tile, Abbreviation, See also 緑發, also written as 發
- う 。
- He fired three shots.
5. counter for gunshots, bursts of gas, etc.; counter for bullets, bombs, etc.; counter for blows (punches)also ぱつ
1. to make a payment via bank deposit transfer
2. to discard another player's winning tile
1. shot; charge; explosion
2. blow; punch
- う 。
- Tom received a heavy blow on the head.
3. home runBaseball term
4. try; attempt
1. face; honour; honorFrom Chinese “mianzi”
2. combination of three tiles that form a set
3. personnel; members; lineup
4. making up a four to play mahjong
2. stacking the wall of tiles to one's advantageMahjong term
つみこみ: news2, nf34. 積み込み: news2, nf34.
1. three colours; three colors
2. triple run; winning hand containing the same chow in each of the three suitsMahjong term, Abbreviation, See also 三色同順
3. triple pung; winning hand containing the same pung in each of the three suitsMahjong term, Abbreviation, See also 三色同刻
さんしょく: news2, nf29. 三色: news2, nf29.
1. tile that may be discarded without risking benefiting an opponent
2. no-risk choice; easily handled person
- They'll be attacked if they carelessly express an original viewpoint, so they only report on the safe options.
1. giving up on winning a hand and discarding only safe tilesMahjong term, Usually written using kana alone