Words — 71 found
1. receiving; reception; getting; being givenHumble (kenjougo)
- Don't scrape your chair on the floor.
2. eating; drinking; havingHumble (kenjougo)
- I'll take these roses.
3. please; please do for meFamiliar language, Female term or language, Usually written using kana alone, also used after -te forms
- We plan to elicit opinions from the public.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. just (e.g. "just wait here"); come now; now, nowwhen urging or consoling
2. tolerably; passably; moderately; reasonably; fairly; rather; somewhat
3. well...; I think...; it would seem...; you might say...; Hmmm, I guess so...when hesitating to express an opinion
4. oh!; oh dear!; oh, my!; wow!; goodness gracious!; good heavens!Female term or language
5. Ma (kana)ま, in hiragana, or マ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. indicates possessiveSee also 乃, occasionally ん, orig. written 乃 or 之
- Visit my webpage and find out more about me.
2. nominalizes verbs and adjectives
- As time went on, rules were added to the game to make it safer.
3. substitutes for "ga" in subordinate phrasesSee also が
- There were almost 100 people, few of whom I had seen before.
4. (at sentence-end, falling tone) indicates a confident conclusionoften ん
- I get up at six.
5. (at sentence-end) indicates emotional emphasisFemale term or language
- My father doesn't let me go out alone at night.
6. (at sentence-end, rising tone) indicates question
- Do you have a part time job?
7. No (kana)の, in hiragana, or ノ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. indicates emotion or admirationFemale term or language, at sentence end
2. indicates emphasisKansai dialect, at sentence end
5. Wa (kana)わ, in hiragana, or ワ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. so-soOnomatopoeic or mimetic word
- "How do you find your washing-machine?" "Not so bad."
2. now, now (used in calming people down)
- Now, please don't get so angry.
3. my, my (expression of wonder, surprise, etc.)Female term or language
- ちい 、
- My what a narrow waist! Her face is small, she really looks just like a doll!
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. I; meFemale term or language, Usually written using kana alone
私 【あたくし】、私 【あたい】、私 【あて】
1. gentlemen; menHonorific or respectful (sonkeigo), Female term or language
1. bed-wettingUsually written using kana alone, Female term or language, Children's language
1. look here; I say; well; I know what; I'll tell you what; just a minute; hold onFamiliar language, Female term or language
1. indicates reason or excuseused as a conjunction or at sentence-end, often as 〜ものな, 〜ものね
2. indicates dissatisfaction; indicates desire to be pampered or indulgedFemale term or language, at sentence-end
1. I beg your pardonUsually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo), Female term or language
- Ha-ha-ha, pray forgive me. Please don't worry yourself about that!
ご免あそばせ 【ごめんあそばせ】、ご免遊ばせ 【ごめんあそばせ】
ご免遊ばせ: Irregular kanji usage.
1. mochi rice cake with red bean jam filling; mochi rice cake covered in red bean jamFemale term or language, Only applies to 餡餅, See also 餅
2. mochi rice cakeOnly applies to あんも
餡餅 【あんも】、餅 【あんも】
1. small, shallow dishFemale term or language, Obscure term, See also 手塩皿
お手塩 【おてしょう】、御手塩 【おてしょ】、御手塩 【おてしょう】
1. yours sincerely (used to sign off on letters); respectfully yoursUsually written using kana alone, Female term or language
賢 【かしこ】、恐 【かしこ】、畏 【かしく】、恐 【かしく】、可祝 【かしく】
1. two (written) characters
2. Chinese chive; garlic chive (Allium tuberosum)Archaism, Female term or language, See also 韮