Words — 3217 found
Common word Links
1. indicates sentence subject (occasionally object)
- い 。
- "I can't think with that noise", she said as she stared at the typewriter.
2. indicates possessive (esp. in literary expressions)
3. but; however; still; and
- な 。
- It goes without saying that Rome was not built in a day.
3. SchoolA school is an institution designed for the teaching of s... Read more
學校: Out-dated kanji.
1. river; streamOnly applies to かわ
- なが 。
- This river is three times longer than that one.
2. the .... river; (suffix used with the names of rivers)
- Which is longer, the Shinano River or the Agano River?
4. RiverA river is a natural watercourse, usually freshwater, flo... Read more
川 【がわ】、河 【かわ】、河 【がわ】
1. spectacles; glasses
2. judgement; discrimination; discernment; insightOnly applies to めがね
4. GlassesGlasses, also known as eyeglasses (formal), spectacles or... Read more
Common word JLPT N4 Links
1. toy; playthingUsually written using kana alone
2. ToyA toy is any object that can be used to play. Toys are as... Read more
玩具 【がんぐ】、翫具 【がんぐ】、オモチャ
1. patience; endurance; perseverance; tolerance; self-control; self-denial
2. Gaman (term)is a Japanese term of Zen Buddhist origin which means "en... Read more
2. AcademicianThe title Academician denotes a Full Member of an art, li... Read more
1. picture (framed)
- Bob mounted the portrait in a fancy frame, but it was upside down.
2. amount or sum (of money)
- This amount includes tax.
3. ForeheadIn human anatomy, the forehead is the fore part of the he... Read more
1. model; type (e.g. of machine, goods, etc.)
- Thank you for letting me know that the Model 600-J printer will not be available until May 4, 1997.
2. type; style; patternSee also 朝型, がた when a suffix
- She wore heart-shaped earrings.
3. mold (mould); template; model
- つく 。
- The statue was cast in a mold.
4. kata (standard form of a movement, posture, etc. in martial arts, sport, etc.)
5. form (i.e. customary procedure)
6. size (i.e. clothing, shoes)
7. (taxonomical) formObscure term, See also 品種
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. study; learning; tutorial
2. LearningLearning is acquiring new, or modifying existing, knowled... Read more
2. selling (e.g. door-to-door); canvassing
3. DiplomacyDiplomacy (from Latin diploma, meaning an official docume... Read more
1. school term; semester
2. Academic termAn academic term' or term is a division of an academic ye... Read more
1. student (esp. a university student)
1. foreign country
そとぐに: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.