Words — 2486 found
1. ring; circle; loop
- すわ 、
- In English class, sometimes we sit in a circle to talk about a book we are reading.
2. hoopSee also フープ
4. circle (e.g. of friends)
- ひと 。
- The sum of all the angles in a triangle equals 180 degrees.
2. harmony; peace
- か 。
- In sport, team harmony is vital to success.
3. Japan; Japanese-style
4. Wa (Japan)Japanese Wa is the oldest recorded name of Japan. Chinese... Read more
Common word Links
1. indicates emotion or admirationFemale term or language, at sentence end
2. indicates emphasisKansai dialect, at sentence end
5. Wa (kana)わ, in hiragana, or ワ in katakana, is one of the Japanese ... Read more
1. I; me
- あた 。
- あた 。
- Give me liberty or give me death.
2. oneselfOnly applies to われ, Only applies to わ
- What man has done, man can do.
3. youArchaism, Only applies to われ, Only applies to わ
4. prefix indicating familiarity or contemptArchaism, Only applies to わ, also 和
5. Ātman (Buddhism)The word Ātman or Atta refers to a self. Occasionally the... Read more
我 【あれ】、吾 【われ】、吾 【あれ】、吾れ 【われ】、吾れ 【あれ】、我れ 【われ】、我れ 【あれ】、我 【わ】、我 【あ】、我 【わぬ】、吾 【わ】、吾 【あ】、吾 【わぬ】、我 【わろ】
あれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 吾れ: Irregular okurigana usage. あれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 吾れ: Irregular okurigana usage. 我れ: Irregular okurigana usage. あれ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. 我れ: Irregular okurigana usage. あ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わぬ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. あ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わぬ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わろ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. sea; ocean; waters
2. SeaA sea generally refers to a large body of salt water, but... Read more
海 【み】、海 【わた】、海 【わだ】
み: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わた: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. わだ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. I; me
- き 。
- I could hear someone calling my name on the noisy platform.
2. private affairs; personal matter; secrecyOnly applies to わたくし
3. selfishnessOnly applies to わたくし
1. topic; subject
2. Topic–commentIn linguistics, the topic (or theme) of a sentence is oft... Read more
1. laugh; laughterSee also 笑う
- The baby is not old enough to be capable of hostile laughter.
2. smileSee also 笑う
- う 、
- たか 。
- Our smile, which is understandable in the context of Japanese culture, sometimes causes a lot of confusion and is notorious among foreign people as a mysterious smile.
3. sneerSee also 笑う, esp. 嗤い
- わら 』
- ちょうしょう 』。
- "No, no! That isn't the smiling face we are looking for." It was a 'smirk' either that or a 'sneer'.
4. sex aids (e.g. dildos, pornographic books, erotic woodblock prints, etc.)
5. LaughterLaughing is a reaction to certain stimuli. It may ensue f... Read more
咲い 【わらい】、嗤い 【わらい】
1. bay; gulf; inlet
2. BayA bay is a large body of water connected to an ocean or s... Read more
1. to ferry across (e.g. a river); to carry across; to traverse
- Please take me over to the other side.
2. to lay across; to build across
3. to hand over; to hand in; to pass; to give; to transfer
- Then, please give him this note. This is urgent.
1. to understand; to comprehend; to grasp; to see; to get; to followUsually written using kana alone
- い 。
- "I understand how you feel, Hiroshi," says Mike.
2. to become clear; to be known; to be discovered; to be realized; to be realised; to be found outUsually written using kana alone
- I see that he is an able man.
解る 【わかる】、判る 【わかる】、分る 【わかる】
1. bad; poor; inferior
- "You look pale. Are you sick?" "Not exactly."
2. evil; sinful
- I'm sorry. I did you wrong.
3. unprofitable; unbeneficial
- This isn't an unappealing proposition, is it?
4. at fault; to blame; in the wrong
- おも 。
- Even given what you say, I still think you are to blame.
- I really shouldn't ask, but could you go get some tofu for me?
惡い 【わるい】、惡るい 【わるい】
惡い: Out-dated kanji. 惡るい: Out-dated kanji.
1. to forget; to leave carelessly; to be forgetful of; to forget about; to forget (an article)
1. young; youthful
2. immature; green
3. low (number); small
1. to cross over; to go acrossusu. 渡る or 渉る
- The bridge is safe; you can drive across.
2. to extend; to cover; to range; to spanSee also にわたって, usu. 亘る or 亙る
- This ceremony has been handed down from generation to generation.
亘る 【わたる】、渉る 【わたる】、亙る 【わたる】
Common word JLPT N5 Links
Common word JLPT N1 Links
3. PlanetA planet (from Ancient Greek αστήρ πλανήτης, meaning "wan... Read more