Words — 1780 found
1. contribution; donation
- She contributed to the Red Cross.
3. DonationA donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, ... Read more
1. monkey (esp. the Japanese macaque, Macaca fuscata); ape; non-human primateUsually written using kana alone, See also ニホンザル
- み 。
- I saw some monkeys climbing the tree.
2. sly personDerogatory
3. idiot; hickDerogatory
4. sliding wooden bolt (for holding a door or window shut)
5. clasp used to control the height of a pot-hookSee also 自在鉤
6. bathhouse prostituteArchaism, See also 湯女
7. Sarh (Chad); Sal
8. MonkeyA monkey is a primate of the Haplorrhini suborder and sim... Read more
猨: Out-dated kanji.
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. equality; impartiality; evenness
- Not all men are created equal.
- Iron is the most useful metal.
3. MetalA metal (from Greek "μέταλλον" – métallon, "mine, quarry,... Read more
1. left and right
- ふ 。
- He gave an angry shake of his head.
2. influence; control; domination
- おお 。
- Success often depends on one's temperament.
4. Relative directionThe most common relative directions are left, right, forw... Read more
左右 【そう】、左右 【さう】
そう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. さう: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. trader; shopkeeper; merchant
- あきな 。
- The merchant deals in silk goods.
3. MerchantA merchant is a businessperson who trades in commodities ... Read more
商人 【あきんど】、商人 【あきうど】、商人 【あきゅうど】、商人 【あきびと】
1. national border; provincial border
- お 。
- The constant border wars between England and Scotland came to an end.
3. BorderBorders define geographic boundaries of political entitie... Read more
国境 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっきょう】、国界 【くにざかい】、国堺 【こっきょう】、国堺 【くにざかい】、国界 【こっかい】、国堺 【こっかい】
こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. こっかい: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. group; mass
- You are now among the elite.
3. CrowdThis article refers to the general phenomenon of crowds. ... Read more
1. root (of a plant)
2. root (of a tooth, hair, etc.); center (of a pimple, etc.)
3. root root (of all evil, etc.); source; origin; cause; basis
4. one's true nature
5. (fishing) reef
7. RootIn vascular plants, the root is the organ of a plant that... Read more
1. chain; chains
- George put a chain on the dog.
3. Cable lengthA cable length or cable's length is a nautical unit of me... Read more
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
1. time; hour; moment刻 signifies a time of day; 秋 signifies an important time
- His voice broke when he was twelve.
2. occasion; caseOnly applies to 時
- You cannot be too careful when you drive a car.
3. chance; opportunity; seasonOnly applies to 時
4. the times; the age; the dayOnly applies to 時
5. tenselinguistics terminology, Only applies to 時
6. AutumnAutumn or fall is one of the four temperate seasons. Autu... Read more
刻 【とき】、秋 【とき】
1. origin; sourceusu. 元
- It was under these circumstances that the constitutional crisis began.
2. base; basis; foundation; rootesp. 基
- The basis of this system is that the students must take turns in teaching, they have to help each other.
3. causealso 因, 原
- し 。
- The clerk died from overwork.
4. ingredient; materialesp. 素
5. (somebody's) side; (somebody's) locationOnly applies to 元
- He had no idea why his wife left him.
6. original cost (or capital, principal, etc.)
7. (plant) root; (tree) trunk
8. first section of a wakaSee also 和歌
9. counter for blades of grass, tree trunks, etc., and for falcons (in falconry)Only applies to 本
10. handle (chopsticks, brush, etc.); grip
11. BookA book is a set of written, printed, illustrated, or blan... Read more
本 【もと】、素 【もと】、基 【もと】
1. plan; project; schedule; scheme; program; programme
- We went with him on that plan.
2. PlanA plan is typically any diagram or list of steps with tim... Read more
1. boy; juvenile; young boy; youth; lad
- The shy boy murmured his name.
2. BoyA boy is a young male human, usually child or adolescent.... Read more
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. train (ordinary)
- This train is bound for Tokyo.
2. TrainA railway or railroad train is a connected series of vehi... Read more
1. health; sound; wholesome
- わる 。
- Smoking is bad for the health.
2. HealthHealth is the level of functional or metabolic efficiency... Read more
1. human being; person; man; mankind; humankind
- No amount of wealth can satisfy a covetous man. All the treasure in the world won't make him happy.
2. character (of a person)
3. HumanHumans (known taxonomically as Homo sapiens, Latin for "w... Read more
1. result; consequence; outcome; effect
2. coming to fruition; bearing fruit
3. CorollaryA corollary is a statement that follows readily from a pr... Read more
1. understanding; comprehension; appreciation; sympathy
- I can understand what you are saying.
2. UnderstandingUnderstanding is a psychological process related to an ab... Read more