Words — 284 found
1. insect; bug; cricket; moth
- She has a strong dislike of insects.
2. worm; roundworm
- さが 。
- The bird was looking for worms.
3. (one's) unconscious; thing inside one's body that stirs one's feelings and thoughtsSee also 虫を殺す
- Certainly he is handsome and intelligent, but there is something about him that I can't like.
4. nervousness; fretfulnessSee also 虫気
5. person devoted to one thing; single-minded personSee also 本の虫
6. valve core
7. mushi (type of game played with a stripped deck)Hanafuda, Usually written using kana alone, See also 虫札
蟲: Out-dated kanji or kanji usage.
Common word JLPT N1 Links
1. insect; bug
2. InsectInsects (from Latin insectum, a calque of Greek ἔντομον, ... Read more
1. harmful insect; noxious insect; vermin; pest
2. Pest (organism)A pest is an animal which is detrimental to humans or hum... Read more
1. imago; adult (insect)
2. ImagoIn biology, the imago is the last stage of development of... Read more
1. coward; weakling; scaredy cat; wimp; sissy
1. athlete's foot
- いた 。
- My athlete's foot hurts.
2. water boatman (esp. species Hesperocorixa distanti)Usually written using kana alone
3. Asellus hilgendorfi (species of aquatic sowbug)Usually written using kana alone
1. hairy caterpillar; woolly bear
- A butterfly is a mature caterpillar.
2. pest; nudnik (nudnick)
1. rhinoceros beetle (esp. the Japanese rhinoceros beetle, Trypoxylus dichotomus)Usually written using kana alone
2. Japanese rhinoceros beetleThe Japanese rhinoceros beetle, Japanese horned beetle, o... Read more
かぶと虫 【かぶとむし】、兜虫 【かぶとむし】、カブト虫 【カブトむし】、カブトムシ
1. roundworm (Ascaris lumbricoides); mawworm; intestinal worm
2. AscarididaThe order Ascaridida includes several families of parasit... Read more
1. hornworm (caterpillar of a hawk moth); (hairless) caterpillarSee also 雀蛾
1. larva; grub; maggot
2. LarvaA larva is a distinct juvenile form many animals undergo ... Read more