Words — 7 found
1. to be careful; to be discreetusu. 慎む
- As the situation is delicate, you should be careful of what you say.
2. to do in moderation; to refrain (from overdoing); to abstainusu. 慎む
- Please refrain from pushing forward.
3. to be reverentOnly applies to 謹む
4. to be purified; to be chaste
謹む 【つつしむ】、虔む 【つつしむ】
1. modesty; self-control; discretion
謹み 【つつしみ】、慎しみ 【つつしみ】、虔み 【つつしみ】、虔しみ 【つつしみ】
慎しみ: Irregular okurigana usage. 虔しみ: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. modest; reserved; quiet; humbleUsually written using kana alone
2. PietismPietism (from the word piety) was a movement within Luthe... Read more