Words — 94 found
1. children's story; fairy tale
2. Fairy taleA fairy tale (pronounced /ˈfeəriˌteɪl/) is a type of shor... Read more
1. children's song; nursery rhyme
2. Nursery rhymeThe term nursery rhyme is used for "traditional" poems fo... Read more
1. kappa; mythical water-dwelling creature
- やく 、
- とく 漱石
- こころ 』、芥川
- はな 』
- かっぱ 』
- よ 。
- At school I had enjoyed reading Japanese literature in English translation, in particular Soseki's I am a Cat and Kokoro, and Akutagawa's The Nose and Kappa.
2. excellent swimmerOnly applies to かっぱ, Only applies to カッパ
3. cucumberOnly applies to かっぱ, See also 胡瓜
4. cucumber sushi wrapped in nori (seaweed)Abbreviation, Usually written using kana alone, Only applies to かっぱ, Only applies to カッパ, See also かっぱ巻き
5. Kappa (folklore), alternatively called Kawatarō or Kawako, are legendary ... Read more
かわっぱ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. juvenile literature
2. Children's literatureChildren's literature as such probably started in the 17t... Read more
1. virginity (of a male); virgin
- きぶんそうかい ？
- So? Feeling refreshed, the morning after graduating from virginity?
2. (Catholic) nun; sister
1. child psychologist
- おお 。
- Many child psychologists think that parents should play with their children more often and give them problems to think about.
1. child prodigy; infant genius; wonder child
2. Child prodigyA prodigy is someone who, at an early age, masters one or... Read more
1. a fish out of water; a kappa up on landIdiomatic expression, See also 河童