Words — 89 found
1. children's story; fairy tale
2. Fairy taleA fairy tale (pronounced /ˈfeəriˌteɪl/) is a type of shor... Read more
1. children's song; nursery rhyme
2. Nursery rhymeThe term nursery rhyme is used for "traditional" poems fo... Read more
1. kappa; mythical water-dwelling creature
- やく 、
- とく 漱石
- こころ 』、芥川
- はな 』
- かっぱ 』
- よ 。
- At school I had enjoyed reading Japanese literature in English translation, in particular Soseki's I am a Cat and Kokoro, and Akutagawa's The Nose and Kappa.
2. excellent swimmerOnly applies to かっぱ
3. cucumberOnly applies to かっぱ, See also 胡瓜
4. rolled sushi containing a stick of cucumberAbbreviation, Only applies to かっぱ, See also 河童巻き
5. Kappa (folklore), alternatively called Kawatarō or Kawako, are legendary ... Read more
河童 【かわわっぱ】、河童 【かあっぱ】、河童 【かあらんべ】
かわわっぱ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かあっぱ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage. かあらんべ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. juvenile literature
2. Children's literatureChildren's literature as such probably started in the 17t... Read more
1. virginity (of a male); virgin
- きぶんそうかい ？
- So? Feeling refreshed, the morning after graduating from virginity?
2. (Catholic) nun; sister
1. child psychologist
- おお 。
- Many child psychologists think that parents should play with their children more often and give them problems to think about.
1. prodigy; wonder child
2. Child prodigyA prodigy is someone who, at an early age, masters one or... Read more
1. childArchaism, See also 子供
童 【わらんべ】、童 【わらわ】、童 【わらし】、童 【わっぱ】、童衆 【わらし】、童衆 【わっぱ】