Words — 117 found
1. whiteSee also 黒
- I have two dogs. One is white and the other black.
2. innocence; innocent person
3. blank space
4. white go stone
5. white dragon tileMahjong, See also 白 はく
6. skewered grilled pig intestineFood, cooking
7. WhiteWhite is a color, the perception of which is evoked by li... Read more
Common word JLPT N2 Links
1. pure white
2. blank (e.g. mind, paper)
まっ白 【まっしろ】、真白 【まっしろ】、真白 【ましろ】
ましろ: Out-dated or obsolete kana usage.
1. confession (to a crime, wrongdoing, etc.); admission
- なに 。
- There is no need to be ashamed of confessing one's mistakes.
2. professing one's feelings (to someone one wants to go out with); declaration of love
- He confessed that he had fallen in love with me.
3. profession (of faith)Christianity
- き 。
- The minister listened to her profession of Christianity.
4. confession (of sins)Christianity
- He confessed his sins to the pastor.
1. confession; admission
2. Confession (law)In the law of criminal evidence, a confession is a statem... Read more
1. red and white; colours for festive or auspicious occasions (colors)
2. two teams; two groups
3. Kōhaku Uta Gassen; annual contest between male and female popular singers on New Year's Eve (sponsored and broadcast by NHK)Abbreviation, See also 紅白歌合戦
4. Kōhaku makuA kōhaku maku (紅白幕, literally red and white curtain) is a... Read more
1. (spoken) line (in a play, film, comic, etc.); one's linesUsually written using kana alone
- An actor has to memorize his lines.
2. comment; remark; phrase; wordsUsually written using kana alone
- That's what I want to say.
3. stock phrase; set phrase; cliché; platitudeUsually written using kana alone
4. Dialogue in writingDialogue in fiction is a verbal exchange between two or m... Read more
科白 【せりふ】、台詞 【だいし】、セリフ
1. blank space (in documents)
- How is Null expressed as a regular expression?
2. vacuum; blank; void
- のこ 。
- The death of my mother left a big blank in my life.
1. naughty; mischievous; unrulyUsually written using kana alone
腕白: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. proteinUsually written using kana alone, Abbreviation, See also タンパク質
2. egg white; albumen; albumin
- で 。
- Albumin was found in my urine before.
JLPT N1 Links
1. plain; frank; candid; open; direct; straightforward; unabashed; blatant; flagrantUsually written using kana alone
偸閑 【あからさま】、白地 【あからさま】
明白: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 偸閑: Ateji (phonetic) reading. 白地: Ateji (phonetic) reading.
1. spotless integrity; absolute honesty; uprightnessYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. one's face turning pale (ashen); the color being drained from one's faceYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. clearly evident; quite obvious; as clear as day; beyond any doubt; strikingly apparentYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. white-eye family of birds (Zosteropidae)Usually written using kana alone
2. Japanese white-eye (Zosterops japonicus)Usually written using kana alone
3. Mejiro, Toshima, TokyoMejiro, Toshima, Tokyo is an upscale residential district... Read more