Words — 802 found
1. police box; small neighborhood police station
- Ask at the police station over there.
2. alternation; alternating (e.g. current)
3. KōbanA kōban is a small neighborhood police station found in J... Read more
1. number one; first; first place
- I will take this tie, as it seems to be the best.
2. best; most
3. game; round; bout
4. as a test; as an experiment; by way of experiment; by way of trial; tentativelySee also 試しに
5. song (e.g. in noh); piece
Common word JLPT N3 Links
1. number (in a series)
- My home phone number is, area code two-oh-one, one-two-three, four-five-six-seven.
2. (one's) turn
- こ 。
- I've been waiting since six o'clock and still my turn hasn't come.
3. watch; guard; lookout
4. rank; standing; position
5. bout; matchSumo term
6. pieces (in a collection)
1. care-taking; house-sitting; house-watching; staying at home
- おこ 。
- The boy was cross at having to stay at home.
2. caretaker; house-sitter
1. second; number two; runner-up
1. 119; ambulance and fire brigade emergency telephone number
1. performance; take; going before an audience or on-air
- Cough syrup. If I don't drink a mouthful before going on stage I can't settle down!
2. game; season; crucial moment
3. penetrative vaginal sex (with a prostitute); unsimulated sex (in an adult movie)
1. 110; the police emergency telephone number
1. first thing in the morning
- わす ね。
- Don't forget to mail this letter first thing in the morning.
1. farce; charade
2. person who serves tea
3. short and humorous improvised sketch (originating from Edo-era kabuki)
1. hingeesp. 丁番 in the construction industry
- とりつ 。
- He hung the gate on hinges.
2. joint (esp. an anatomical joint)Only applies to ちょうつがい
3. HingeA hinge is a type of bearing that connects two solid obje... Read more
蝶つがい 【ちょうつがい】、蝶番い 【ちょうつがい】、蝶番 【ちょうばん】、丁番 【ちょうばん】
蝶番い: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. pair (esp. of mated animals); brace; coupleUsually written using kana alone
- We can conjecture that it may be advantageous for a particular bird to be known to its neighbors or its mate.
2. (anatomical) joint