Words — 17 found
1. horizontal (as opposed to vertical); lying downSee also 横になる
- The mother laid her baby on the bed.
2. side-to-side (as opposed to front-to-back); width; breadthSee also 首を横に振る
- As the road was wet, the car must have slipped sideways.
3. side (of a box, etc.)
- おお 。
- The side of the house was covered with ivy.
4. beside; aside; next to
- That person has a mole at the side of his eye.
5. unconnectedSee also 横から口を挟む
1. length and width; length and breadth; lengthwise and crosswise; longitude and latitude; vertical and horizontal
2. four cardinal points; every directionOnly applies to じゅうおう
3. as one wishes; as one pleases; at willOnly applies to じゅうおう
4. warp and weft; warp and woofOnly applies to たてよこ, See also 経緯 たてよこ
1. being very witty; very ingenious and resourcefulYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. resourceful and quick-witted; showing a flash of brilliance; have a keen (sparkling) intellectYojijukugo (four character compound)
1. very resourcefully using tactics adapting oneself to the requirements of the moment; playing it by ear; acting according to circumstancesYojijukugo (four character compound)