Words — 51 found
2. reconciliation; joining hands; cooperation
3. HandshakeA handshake is a short ritual in which two people grasp o... Read more
1. to clasp; to grasp; to grip; to clutch
2. to hold (the answer); to have (e.g. the solution); to be the key; to be the reason
3. to seize (power); to hold (the reins); to dominate; to control
4. to make (nigirizushi, rice ball, etc.); to form (with one's hands); to press into shape; to mold; to mould
1. understanding; grasp
2. grasping (with one's hand); hold; grip; catch
1. grip (of hand); grip strength
2. Grip strengthGrip strength is the force applied by the hand to pull on... Read more
1. grasping; seizing; holding; commanding; having control over
1. to grasp tightly
握り緊める 【にぎりしめる】、握りしめる 【にぎりしめる】
1. onigiri; rice ball (often triangular, sometimes with a filling and wrapped in nori)Usually written using kana alone, Polite (teineigo) language
Common word Links
- あつ 、
- い 。
- The boy gathered a handful of peanuts and put them in a small box.
2. small amount; small number
- Only a handful of men want to take childcare leave.
1. to crush (with one's hands)
2. to kill a proposal; to shelve; to table (remove from consideration); to pigeonhole; to smother
Common word Links
1. nigirizushi; hand-formed sushi with a topping of seafood, etc.Food, cooking
握り寿司 【にぎりずし】、にぎり鮨 【にぎりずし】、握りずし 【にぎりずし】、握り鮨 【にぎりずし】、握鮨 【にぎりずし】、握寿司 【にぎりずし】
握鮨: Irregular okurigana usage. 握寿司: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. to hold the purse strings
- さいふのひもをにぎ 。
- My wife holds the purse strings in our family.
1. grasping the (main) point; seizing the essence (of a matter)Yojijukugo (four character compound)
1. to let a person take hold of; to bribe by slipping money into a person's hand
1. grasping the present situation; having an accurate grasp of the situationYojijukugo (four character compound)