Words — 34 found
1. to learn by experience; to learn one's lesson; to learn the hard way
2. to be discouraged (by); to have enough (of); to be disgusted (with)
Common word Links
1. rewarding good and punishing evil; poetic justiceYojijukugo (four character compound)
2. Poetic justicePoetic justice is a literary device in which virtue is ul... Read more
1. discipline; punishment; reprimand
1. having had enough (of); fed up (with); sick and tired (of)Usually written using kana alone
2. to learn one's lesson; to learn from a bad experienceUsually written using kana alone
1. to chastise; to punish; to discipline
懲しめる: Irregular okurigana usage.
1. without being discouraged by this (experience); without letting this put (you) off; without being held back by thisoften 〜また...
- Don't let this discourage you from trying it again.
1. punish savage ChinaHistorical term, political slogan used during the Second Sino-Japanese War